Chapter 63: Pulling a Tara

Niall's POV

Paul Roberts forces us to disperse and start rehearsals. We sing our songs and move to our positions when our cues go off but my mind is preoccupied by Tara. I wish I knew where she was. Or at least that she would answer her damn phone. I mean, what good is a cell phone if you don't answer it when someone calls you!?

Finally, rehearsal is over and I sprint out the stadium. I run over to the bus and throw the door open. I make a mad dash for my bag where I left my phone when Liv suddenly pops out of no where. I fall back, totally thrown off from her sudden appearance.

"Hey, Liv," I say trying to squeeze past her. It's not that hard considering she has nothing on her bones, but she moves to block my pathway. Ever since I told Liv that I want to keep things on a friendly level when we're not in public, she's been extremely clingy. All she ever wants to do is make out anyway or go out in public so we have to act like we're in love. Paul, our manager, and Simon love it. Me, personally? I'm getting a bit annoyed.

"Hey, Nialler! I was thinking we could go out tonight in celebration!" Liv says happily. I look at her confused. What on Earth could she be talking about? I ask myself. I raise an eyebrow and Liv pouts. I try to sidestep her again but she moves in front of me, matching my steps perfectly

"How could to forget?" Liv asks. I shrug my shoulders as I stare at her, mentally thinking about her head rolling on to a busy intersection. "It's my Nona's birthday!"

"And why should we celebrate?" I ask.

"Because my Nona is the one who told me go after my dream!" Liv says. I raise my eyebrows to indicate her to continue. "My dream of being part of a PR-elation!"

I roll my eyes and lean back against one of the beds.

"Liv, I'm not in a good mood right now. Can we talk later?" I ask as politely as possible. Liv just shakes her head and grabs my hand. She drags me up the long stairs and back into the stadium where the boys and Paul Roberts are talking.

"Who the hell made my Baby Leprechaun cranky?" Liv demands. Everyone looks up to find Liv gripping my wrist tightly and glaring down at them from her six inch heels.

"Liv, they didn't do anything. I'm just tired!" I say. Liv shakes her head, drops my hand, and walks over to Harry.

"Harold looks guilty," Liv points out. "What did you do to Niall?"

Harry gulps and takes a step back. Liv matches him perfectly. Ha. I've tried that one before, I think.

"Harry didn't do anything, bitch," Louis says sassily.

"Lou, just shut up," I say. I'm too exhausted to listen to people argue.

"No!" Louis shouts, "Liv has been torturing us the entire summer! Do you want her to beat us up?"

My mouth goes dry. I know Liv has been acting bitchy towards them, and I knew someone was going to fight back at one point or another. But I never thought it'd be over me. Like, fight about something that's important!

"Come on, Louis," I say softly. Louis looks at me hurt. "Liv can be mean but she's tried being nice to you guys before. You just never listen."

"Whatever. If you don't mind, we have somewhere to be."

I look at Lou with a confused expression. Where could we be going? It's almost 10:00 at night.

Liam, Harry, Zayn, and Louis start heading towards the door. I stay where I am, stunned and confused.

"You coming?" Liam shouts to me. I turn and face him, still unsure of what I should do. I start walking over to them when Liv's cold voice pierces my ears.

"If you go with them, I'll make sure your career is ruined! The media and everyone will learn how you treated me and what you've put me through. All the shit that I've dealt with will be known by the entire world. Trust me, I could break you and your dumb friends with just one click," Liv threatens. I stop and turn to face her and her cold blue eyes. My heart races but my mind knows what to do. I sigh and turn to the boys.

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper. All of the boys freeze in their spots, shocked by my decision. My heart breaks as I see them leave. One by one, they exit the stadium until it's just me, Liv, and Louis.

"Goodbye, Niall," Louis says, his voice cracking in the middle. I turn away but I can still hear him leave the stadium.

"You've made the right decision, Nialler," Liv says, her lips close to my ear. I don't try to push her off but her touch burns my skin.

Did I really make the right choice? I've left my friends for a girl I don't like at all. My friends are out there searching for the girl of my dreams whilst I'm here protecting them from Liv's evil doings. I feel like this has already happened. Like, déjà vu. As if, something like this is happening right now to someone I know, I think.

I walk over to the stage and pick up my guitar. I start strumming the chords and thinking. Liv bangs around on the drums until she finally leaves me alone to my thoughts.

My fingers expertly fly over the strings until a song just forms inside of me. At first, I hum it. Then, I softly sing it. Before I know it, I'm shouting the lyrics at the top of my lungs. My voice putting all of my pain and hatred and confusion and love into the words I'm throwing out to the empty auditorium.

"Tell me now, tell me now, Tell me where you go when you feel afraid? Tell me now, tell me now, Tell me will you ever love me again, love me again?

Now I'm searching every lonely place
Every corner calling out your name
Tryna find you, but I just don't know
Where do broken hearts go?

Are you sleeping, baby, by yourself?
Or are you giving it to someone else?
Try to find you, but I just don't know
Where do broken hearts go?"

I finish the song, my heart heavy with emotion and my eyes brimmed with tears. I look down at my hands clutching my guitar neck tightly as one person runs through my mind.

Tara.

That's who it is. I finally understand why Tara has stuck with Hunter all summer long. She's trying to keep someone from ruining the people she cares about, even if that means she has to suffer. All this time, she's been keeping him happy just so that my friends and I can keep living our dream without the fear of someone hurting it.

And, now, I'm doing the same thing. The boys are my brothers. I love them and will do anything to keep them safe. It's just what brothers do. So, if dating Liv and sticking to her side will keep her quiet is what it takes to protect the boys, then that's what I'll do.

I'll just have to pull a Tara.

A/N:

Heylo! Okay, I'm SO sorry for the sucky chapter. I had it planned out but then decided to do something else. I'm sorry!

And, in case you don't know, a
PR-elation is when a celebrity goes out with an actor/actress OR another famous person. In other words, it's all for the publicity and not actual love.

Also! Thank you thank you THANK YOU! For getting my story at 100 votes! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it means millions to me! So, I want to give you all a massive thank you and an even bigger hug! That's how much I appreciate you reading my story and following along even though I know it's confusing and maybe a bit boring. But thank you anyway!

Also! Has anyone seen the boys' cover song of Style? You know, the song written by Taylor Swift and about Harry Styles? If you have, please please please tell me where to watch/hear it! I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Another thing! We should try to get Taylor Swift to do a cover of One Direction's song Perfect. You know, the song written by Harry Styles and about Taylor Swift? Yeah, SOMEONE GET THIS TRENDING ON TWITTER AND/OR INSTAGRAM!!!

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!