Chapter 41: Stunninly Evil

Niall's POV

Liv finally falls asleep after two hours of "going at it". I let out a sigh of relief. That was the worst thing I have ever done, even if it was pretend. I've always believed that you shouldn't do that with someone you don't love. And I don't care for Liv like I do for Tara.

I look down at Liv's sleeping face, get up, and stretch. I walk to the door, but Liv wakes up. She looks right at me. I can see her frown deepening as each second passes.

"Liv, I'm hungry. I'm just going to get some food," I say, flat out lying and not caring a bit. For once in my life, I'm not hungry at all. Liv rolls her eyes. The backboard squeaks as Liv falls backwards. I wrinkle my nose at the noise.

"Fine. But you and I are doing a work out session later," Liv says. I nod my head and put my hand on the cold doorknob. "I mean it!"

I sigh and slip out the room. I shut the door and press my back against it. The door's wooden feel and coolness calms me down. I open my eyes and look around. I stop when I see the boys staring at me. The tips of my ears get warm as they watch me move to the kitchen. I open cabinets and drawers looking for food. When I see that there is none, I hit my fist against the counter.

"Niall?" Tara asks from behind me. I spin around, my face turning bright red. I rub the back of my neck as Tara gets closer and closer. She stops at just a few feet in front of me. Honestly, I start to get a little anxious. I want to tell her everything, but I know that if I do that, I'll ruin so many things.

"Tara!" I say, throwing my hands above my head. "You're alive! How are you?"

I wrap my arms around her. Tara's body stiffens as my skin touches hers. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I inhale her sweet smell. I back away and look her up and down. Tara has a rash on her cheek where some cut marks are.

"What happened to you cheek?" I ask. I brush my thumb against it and Tara's body shivers slightly.

"Um," Tara says, pulling my hand down from her cheek and handing it between us. She fiddles with my fingers before dropping it completely. My hand feels cold and empty as it hits my side.

I look at Tara's beautiful face. Rash or not, she looks amazing. How is Tara always looking stunning?

"What?" Tara asks, giving me a weird look. I slap my mouth.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask, my eyes going wide. Tara nods her head slowly. I try to shake it off, but inside it bothers me a little.

"Um, well, it's true," I cover quickly. Tara rolls her eyes and moves to the fridge. She pulls out the milk and pours herself a glass. I take the jug from her and pour myself some.

"You know, what you just said is the biggest lie I've ever heard. And that includes, 'You look fine'," Tara says, pointing a finger at me. My mouth drops open. How can she not know that she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen? How is that even possible?

"How is what possible?" Tara asks, eyeing me confused. I stare at her. Tara's blue eyes look up at me, and I can tell that she's lost. I look down and place my glass on the counter next to me. I glance at her, take a deep breath, and open my mouth. I am so going to regret this afterward, I think.

"Um, I was just wondering how it's possible that yo-" I start. Right as I'm about to tell her that she is beautiful and that I want to hold her in my arms forever, Louis comes running in. I glare at him, but he just ignores me. Louis heads straight for Tara. I instantly want to move in front of her but my feet are frozen to the ground.

"Tara," Louis says, glancing at me. He bends down and whispers something in her ear.

"That bitch!" Tara screams. She slams her cup on the counter and storms out the kitchen. I follow her out to the living area. Liam, Zayn, and Harry are standing up and watching Tara's anger unfold. Tara bangs on the bedroom door where Liv is still asleep. The door doesn't open, so Tara starts wiggling the knob. When the door still doesn't budge, she slams on the wood as hard as she can.

"Open this damn door, Liv!" Tara shouts. The anger inside Tara is so intense that her normally shining blue eyes have turned to a dark blue. I walk over to her, but she spins around and glares at me. I look back at the boys, but they don't know what to do either.

"I can't believe you!" Tara screams, jabbing a finger at me. I step back, throwing my hands in the air as a sign of innocence. The room grows colder as Tara's glare continues to pierce through me.

"Tara, whatev-" I start, but Tara quickly cuts me off.

"No. I don't know what's happened. But I never thought you would help Liv do that! I thought you were actually nice or something. But, instead, your a jerk just looking to get in someone's pants," Tara states. Her body quakes as the adrenaline her anger is producing rushes through her blood. I'm completely shocked at what she said. I don't even know what Tara could mean by that!

Tara starts to say something else when Zayn steps forward and gently pulls Tara's shoulder back. She falls back and lands in Zayn's arms. Zayn holds her tight and he whispers something in her ear. I watch as envy starts to take over my entire body. My skin starts to tingle and my eyes narrow in on Zayn. Zayn looks at me and shakes his head.

Tara steps out of Zayn's arms and goes over to the door. She glares at me one more time before trying the doorknob again. Like before, it doesn't budge. The anger starts to return in Tara's eyes, but I can tell she's trying really hard not to lash out on us again. As Tara finally accepts the fact that she can't get in, Liv opens the door and strolls out.

Liv is wearing high waisted jean shorts, a white lace tank top, black combat boots, and a million necklaces. She has a light blue clutch in her hands.

I look her up and down, as do the other boys. Tara crosses her arms and glares at Liv.

"That's my shirt," Tara says. She steps closer to Liv, clenching her hands to make fists.

"Mm, no. It's not. This is my shirt. You must have another one," Liv says sourly. Louis nudges me to do something. I give him a what-the-hell-am-I-supposed-to-do? look. Louis shrugs his shoulders. I sigh and look back at the two glaring girls.

"Tara, I'm sure you're just confusing it for another shirt. Plus, it's obviously a very nice shirt, so you two could've bought the same one," I say. Tara turns to me with defeat in her eyes. Even though she just screamed at me for no reason, her body is telling me that she's hurt that I'm not siding with her. It's like she had this tiny little hope that I would defend her, and now it's gone. I turn away because I know I'll break if I keep looking at her.

"Fine," Tara mumbles, a tear slipping. "Whatever."

Tara shoves past Liv and slams the door behind her. I take a step towards the door, but Liam pulls me back. I look at him, begging him to let me go in there, but he just shakes his head and mouths, "Later." I nod and look at Liv.

"You look...stunning," I say. I quickly turn around and go back to the kitchen. I see the cup Tara had and see the milk spilled all over from when she slammed it down.

"What am I going to do?" I ask myself, grabbing a paper towel and cleaning it up.

Tara's POV

I get in the room, slam the door shut, and dash over to my bag. I see my clothes messed up and scattered. I say a few curse words towards Liv and keep looking. I find my notebook untouched, but my pencil bag is open. My heart starts beating faster as I dump the contents out. I find the box and fall to the ground. My hands are shaking so badly that I can hardly see the box's actual shape. I take a deep breath and open the box. I gasp as I see what's inside.

"Oh my God," I say, covering my mouth with my hand. "Oh. My. God."

A/N:

Heylo! Because it is Niall James Horan's birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIALLER!) I'm gonna do a double update! So, stay tuned for the next chapter!