Chapter 48: Blueberries For My Blueberry

Please read A/N! Thanks! Love ya!

Liam's POV

Louis drives us to a nice ice cream parlor called Lappert's Ice Cream. He parks the van and we all climb out. The nice thing about this little ice cream trip is that it's just us boys and Tara. And Tara is like our sister; well, maybe not to Niall, but still.

I walk up to the small building and look up at the flavors. Mm, so many delicious choices. I look over at the others and see they all have the same thoughtful expression on their faces.

"Which flavor are you getting?" Niall asks Tara, leaning down slightly. She looks over at him and shakes her head. My eyebrows knit together at her reaction.

"I'm not getting any," Tara says simply. She steps back a little from Niall and opens her phone to look at something.

"Come on, Blueberry," Niall says, using his nickname for her. I smile to myself as I hear him use it. They are so cute together. The fact that they aren't dating kills me because I know Niall has feelings for her. It's just obvious. If Niall didn't like Tara more than a friend then he wouldn't have been so hurt when we saw her with Hunter, he wouldn't have shared his popcorn with her, and he most definitely wouldn't be pushing Tara to get an ice cream so he can pay for it. And, the fact that he has a nickname for her that he uses constantly just makes it all the cuter!

"No," Tara insists, "I don't want you buying anything for me. Seriously! I don't mean this is a mean way but you shouldn't waste your money on me."

Niall laughs at her and walks up to the window.

"I'll have two scoops of chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone and a medium orange cow," Niall orders. He leans in to the window so only the cashier can hear and whispers something. The cashier gives him a weird look but nods his head. Niall comes back with a grin on his face so wide it covers his whole face. He walks over to Tara and smiles down at her. Tara just glares up at him.

"I told you not to get me anything," Tara grumbles. Niall shakes his head.

"Well, I bought it. So, you might as well eat it," Niall points out. I have to admit, he sure knows how to get his way with Tara.

Everyone orders their ice cream, and we take a seat at a somewhat secluded table. The table is a typical picnic table with a huge umbrella overhead. We are hidden by some bushes so only a few people can really see us. The people at the window call out Niall's order. He jumps up and dashes to go get them. Tara sighs loudly and sinks farther down in her seat.

"Ah, come on. Why the sad face?" I tease her, pushing her a little. She tries to hide her smile, but the corners of her lips go up just a tad.

"Niall shouldn't have gotten me that Orange Cow. And you, Zayn, shouldn't have blocked me out of the bedroom! If it weren't for you, I could've bought myself an ice cream instead of Niall throwing his money away on me," Tara says, momentarily glaring at Zayn. Zayn just smirks and licks his ice cream. Niall comes back, his ice cream cone in one hand and an Orange Cow in the other. He set down Tara's ice cream drink and takes a seat across from her. Tara looks down at it and smiles. She looks up at Niall who is staring at her with an anxious expression on his face, biting his lip nervously.

"Niall," Tara says, a smile fighting its way onto her face.

"Blueberries for my Blueberry," Niall says cheekily. Tara blushes and picks one up. Her purple nails lift the small berry in the air and she throws it in the air. I watch as it goes up, up, up and then down, down, down. Right down in to Tara's awaiting mouth. Niall grins even bigger at this.

"Here," Tara says, handing Niall one. "Your turn."

Niall holds his and throws it up. Again, it goes up, up, up and then down, down, down. The blueberry hits Niall's nose before it falls into his mouth. Everyone laughs and cheers.

I shake my head and start on my ice cream cup. Why can't they be dating? I ask myself with a smile on my face.

We all continue talking and laughing and just having a good time. The last time everyone was this relaxed and fun was before Liv came. I'm not saying that Liv ruined everything, I'm just saying that when Liv came, a lot of obstacles came with her. 

"Hey," Harry says to me, "that guy looks familiar."

Harry points over to a tall man with broad shoulders. He has a coke in his hand. I don't recognize him because he has sunglasses on but I notice that he's obviously flirting with the tall blonde in front of him. The girl has long blonde curls and is wearing dark jeans with a white shirt. Other than that, I can't make out any other details about her.

"I don't know him. Do you?" I ask Harry. He shrugs his shoulders but keeps staring at him.

"What are you guys so interested in?" Louis asks loudly. I pinch up my face and turn to face him.

"There's a guy that looks familiar but I can't pinpoint who he is," I explain. Everyone looks over to where Harry is staring. They all shrug and turn their attention back to what they were talking about before. Louis stands up and takes a seat next to me. I glance over at him and see he's got a worried expression on his face.

"No!" Harry yells, standing up quickly. Everyone looks at him, but by the time he points to whatever he saw, it's gone.

"What?" Zayn asks worried.

"T-that guy. It...he...no," Harry finishes softly. He slowly sits down and slumps. His ice cream is completely forgotten and melting in its cup.

"Harry, are you okay?" Tara asks, sitting forward so she can take a better look at him. I look at him and see that he's most definitely not okay. But he nods his head and looks down.

"I-I'm just gonna go to the b-bathroom," Harry says, standing shakily. We all watch as he makes his slow journey to the bathroom. I stand up, along with Louis, and look down at everyone else.

"I'm just going to check on him," I say, pointing behind me. Louis nods his head and follows me.

"Do you think Harry recognized the guy?" Louis asks. I nod my head. We turn behind the building and continue walking to the end of the sidewalk.

"Who do you think he is?" Louis presses.

"I don't know. But whoever it is, he must be pretty bad," I say, pushing the bathroom door open.

A/N:

Heylo! Hope your week has been going good. Mine has been okay, I guess. I've had tests all week and it's quite annoying. But, what do you do, you know?

Anywho! Today is PurpleSpaceUnicorn11  's birthday and in honor of her, I'm going to be doing a TRIPLE update tonight! She asked for a double, but she's such an amazing best friend and person that I feel like she deserves a bonus. So, I suggest you go spam her happy birthdays. AND, since you're already on her page, read her stories. They're really good (even the one she never finished!).

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!!!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILLIANA!!! (Hope I spelt that right!)