Chapter 56: So What?

Louis' POV

Niall looks at us with fear and amusement in his eyes. A little twinkle is in his blue eyes as he stares at us, waiting. As planned, none of us say anything. We just watch him squirm in his seat as the curiosity builds up inside of him. Finally, Niall cracks.

"I like Liv! What more do you want from me?" He says, his voice shaking slightly and his eyes darting around the room. I sit back and don't respond. Liam looks at me, nods his head, and turns back to Niall. Everything is going exactly as we planned.

"We know. And we're happy for you and Liv. We just wanna know a few things. You know, for clarification and stuff," Liam says. Niall glances at each of us before reluctantly nodding his head.

"What is your ship name?" Zayn asks. Niall scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion.

"What?" Niall asks. Zayn sits up straight and looks at Niall.

"Your ship name. Like, the relationship name our fans have given you and Liv," Zayn explains. Niall's brain puts the pieces together, and, finally, it clicks together.

"Oh! The fans are stuck on Nivia at the moment," Niall says calmly and slowly relaxing.

"Ah. I've always liked Nara better," Harry says smoothly. Niall's head snaps over to Harry with a bewildered look.

"What?" Niall asks.

"What?" Harry asks with a straight face. I have to bite my cheek to keep myself from smiling.

"You," Niall says as the wheels spin, "You said you liked Nara better."

"I said 'I like that one better'," Harry casually explains, turning his head to look at Niall. Niall shakes his head but doesn't push it. Perfect, I think. I smile and lean forward, waiting for my cue. At last, Niall sits back again and looks at us, waiting for the rest of the questions.

"So, how long have you guys been dating? Like, in real life and not the staged stuff?" I ask. Niall turns to me and tilts his head as he counts the days.

"I'd say about three days. Not long really," Niall says. I nod my head and quickly glance at Liam.

"Ha," Liam laughs and looks down at his lap. Niall looks at him with a questioning look.

"What's so funny?" Niall asks, clearly confused.

"It's just that you've liked Tara for, like, half a year now," Liam says. Niall looks at him and is about to respond when Harry comes in, right on cue.

"So, Niall. What are you going to do for your One Week Anniversary?" Harry asks. I look at Niall and wait for him to answer his question.

Liam's POV

Harry asks his question right on time. Everything is going perfectly. Niall is cooperating yet he's still confused. It's wonderful!

Niall stares at Harry with a blank expression. I guess he hadn't even thought of that yet.

"I was, uh, planning on taking her to a nice restaurant and then we were going to spend the night in a hotel," Niall hurries to finish.

"So, not as fun as what you and Tara had done when you asked her to join us?" Zayn asks simply, turning to look out the window and appearing uninterested. Niall's jaw drops as he hears Zayn's words. The room grows quiet as Niall continues to stare at Zayn. I'm about to say something when Zayn glances over at Niall and visibly bites back a smile. Niall, however, doesn't seem to notice it at all.

"What?" Zayn asks as he keeps eye contact with Niall.

"How do you know what we did?" Niall whispers. Zayn forces his face to go blank.