Chapter 50: Love Sick Roller Coaster

Tara's POV

"Stop," I say, smiling and throwing a pillow at the couch where all the boys are sitting.

"So, how was it?" Jack pries. I laugh and tell him about everything. The boys, Jack, and Kelly all listen carefully. They laugh at parts that I make a fool of myself and boo when I tell them about some of my unfair grades I had received throughout the year.

"Wow, that sounds insane!" Kelly says with a huge smile on her face. I nod my head and look down at my beeping phone. It's from Hunter. I roll my eyes and toss my phone on the ground. Jack watches me suspiciously but then looks over at the boys on the couch.

"I saw the last football game. The Doncaster Rovers VS Derby County. Crazy match!" Jack says, instantly, the boys start yelling and "discussing" the game, very loudly might I add. I watch in a daze as they start trying to yell over each other.

Kelly stands up and walks over to me. She offers a hand to help me stand up. I take it and she drags me to the bedroom. I take a seat on my bed whilst Kelly sits on the edge of it. I roll my eyes.

"You don't have to act like a stranger. Come, sit up here next to me," I say, patting the spot beside me. I'm not really sure why I feel so comfortable around her. I mean, I only did just meet her. I hardy know her and I'm letting her sit next to me. For all I know, she could be a murderer planning my brother's death by getting to know his weaknesses. Wow, I read way too much, I think. I shake my head and smile.

"So, Kitara, tell me about yourself," Kelly says using my real name.

"Um, ok. First of all, please don't call me Kitara. Just Tara is fine. And, second off, there's really nothing more than what you're seeing right now. I'm an open book," I say, gesturing to myself. Kelly shakes her head in disagreement.

"There must be something other people don't know. Like, your favorite book or biggest pet peeve or which One Direction boy you would eat first if you were stranded on an island and slowly starving to death. Something must be secretive," Kelly insists. I laugh at her suggestions and shake my head. I have too many favorite books, I have too many pet peeves, and I don't think I could choose which boy to eat first.

"I really do hate to disappoint you, but I don't have anything hidden," I say, trying to calm my crazy heart beat. Kelly obviously notices my scared eyes because she smiles and clicks her tongue.

"I think you're hiding something. Is it about your obvious crush on the leprechaun known as Niall Horan?" Kelly asks, leaning forward to hear my response. I look down and blush majorly. "Ah ha! It is about Niall! Okay, girl, spill the deets."

I sigh and start to tell her. I begin the story at the concert and then move to when Josie and I ran into them at the mall to Niall's weird visit the night I was out with Hunter to where Niall asked me to work for One Direction. The story takes a while, but Kelly seems totally interested. And she stops me to ask questions which makes me feel good since it lets me know she's actually listening. Talking to Kelly really helps me figure out what I'm feeling. I've never actually gone over the whole story before. So, to hear it and actually think about the big picture makes me wonder what would've happened if I was brave enough to tell Hunter no and ask Niall out myself.

I stop talking about how I'm confused on how I feel about Niall when I notice the door is open. In the doorway is the she devil otherwise known as Liv Jennings. Gosh, I hate her.

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask quietly. Liv smiles and Kelly looks Liv up and down. The room grows cold as my mind starts to think about how much Liv could have heard and all of the possible ways to blackmail me with it.