Chapter 40: Doing It

Tara's POV

"Tara!" someone shouts in my ear. My eyes fly open, but I immediately shut them. I slowly sit up, rubbing my eyes. I open my eyes again, this time allowing time to adjust to the bright room. I look around me. I'm in an unfamiliar bedroom. It looks like a hotel room. There's another bed on the right of me and a dresser in front of me. Other than that, there's really nothing else in the room. I turn to my left and see Louis right next to me. His hair is a wreck and his eyes are bloodshot. I lean back a little. Louis sees my open eyes and his face breaks into an excited grin. He stands up so quick and picks me up. He hugs me so tight that it gets hard to breath. I lightly hit his shoulder to tell him to put me down. Luckily, he gets the message and sits me on the edge of the bed.

I breath heavily and look at Louis who is sitting next to me. I study him. He's wearing the same clothes from the night I ran away and Liv scratched me. His eyes are duller than the usual energetic green. And his face is blotchy like he's been crying for a while.

Louis catches me staring and smiles at me. I give him a small smile and look down at my lap.

"So, um, where are we?" I ask. I look around the room again. I notice that it's not just us in here. Niall is in the bed with Liv in his arms, and Harry is sleeping in a chair closer to Niall's bed.

"We're in San Diego," Louis responds. I nod my head. I think about where that is. And I remember that Jack lives here.

"My brother lives here," I say, turning to look at Harry who starts to stir. Louis and I watch him slowly wake up. Harry looks over at us. When he spots me, he instantly jumps up and tackles me. I fall to the ground, giggling as Harry kisses my cheeks.

"Harry!" I say through giggles. "Stop it!" I playfully hit Harry's shoulder, but he ignores me completely. Finally, Louis pulls Harry off me. I stand up and run a hand through my messy hair.

"How long have I been out?" I ask in a playful tone as I trying to pull my fingers through my tangled hair.

"Too long!" Louis exclaims. Niall groans and digs his face into Liv's back.

"About a day and a half, love," Harry responds, grabbing my hand and stopping my painful torture. He pulls my hand out from my tangled hair and then gets up to go to the bathroom. Louis sits against the backboard, his eyes closed. Harry comes back with a brush and sits down. He pats the spot in front of him for me to sit. I take a seat, my back facing him. Gently, Harry brushes through my messy hair.

"How have I been asleep for a day and a half?" I ask incredulously. Harry makes a "Mm" noise and Louis just shrugs. I sit in front of Harry, him brushing my hair and me staring out the big window, thinking. I remember snippets of my dream. I had died and everyone was mourning over me. Everyone was talking about me.

Harry taps my shoulder, signaling my hair is tangle free. I turn around so I face him. I hug him and whisper, "Thanks, Hazza."

Harry hugs me back tightly.

I pull back and look at Harry. He's in the same boat as Louis: messy hair, same clothes, dull eyes; everything about him is the same as Louis. Harry stares back at me, grinning widely.

"Tara?" Niall asks, sitting up in his bed. Liv moans but sits up too. I look around Harry to see Niall rubbing his eyes. I smile at him. Liv sees this and frowns. She gently pulls Niall's far cheek so that his eyes will meet hers. Niall looks at her, confused. Liv smirks and leans forward. She plants a wet kiss on his lips. She puts her hands in his hair and starts messing with it. I look over at Harry and he has a horrified expression on. I look at Louis and see that his is just as scared as Harry is. I try to look at something other than Liv and Niall, but then Liv starts moaning loudly.