Chapter 42: Wanna Meet Up?

Tara's POV

My body starts to shake as I pull out the piece of paper. I read it over and over. Why would she do this? What did I do to her? I think, dropping the box and the note. I cover my eyes with my hands and cry. I feel like such a baby but I can't help it. I have one piece of her with me and now it's gone.

"Why?" I ask myself.

I lay there, shaking and sobbing, not doing anything. Suddenly there's a knock on the door and Niall walks in. I quickly wipe away the fallen tears and look up at him. Niall strides over to me and crouches down so he can be at eye level. I look down, but Niall pushes my chin up so I am looking in his worried blue eyes.

"Tara, what happened?" Niall begs. I shake my head. I can't tell him anything. If I say one thing then I know I'll break and tell him everything. And some of the things I just can't say aloud...

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just a little... homesick," I say. I try to look away, but again, Niall's hand is right on my face to reposition it. I sigh and stand up. Niall stands up with me and follows me to my bed. I sit down, lean against the backboard, and close my eyes. The quiet air around me comforts me and worries me. There are so many things that should be said but aren't and so many things that shouldn't be said but will be. I want to say something, but Niall starts before I can.

"You know, I never did get you that ice cream I promised," Niall says, chuckling slightly. I smile and open my eyes. I watch as Niall plays with the hem of his shirt.

"Too bad. I'm not on my period anymore," I say. I look at the bathroom door longing to shower.

"Well, that doesn't mean I can't buy you ice cream," Niall says, grinning at me. A small smile forms on my lips. My cheeks get warm and I know that they are bright red. Stop that, Tara! I scold myself. Sometimes I feel like such an idiot. I nod my head but quickly take it back.

"No," I say, looking away, "I can't."

Niall gives me a weird look. I stare at him.

"Why not?" Niall whispers. His blue eyes look sad and disappointed. I don't want to hurt the guy, he's too sweet.

"Um," I say. I try to think of a valid reason other than Liv when the door bursts open and Louis strolls in. I give him a grateful smile. Louis sees this and makes a funny face. I laugh at him, but Niall is looking at me.

"We ordered food!" Louis says loudly. My stomach automatically growls. I laugh even harder at that. I stand up and look at Niall. I offer him a hand and he takes it. I pull him up and follow Louis out the room.

When we walk out the room, Liam, Harry, and Zayn all glance at us. Zayn gives me a questioning look while Liam and Harry look overjoyed. I take a seat in one of the many armchairs. Niall walks over to the couch Liam is sitting on and sits next to him. Louis starts talking about how excited he is to have a day off. I can't help but laugh at his excitement. It's just too funny.

We wait for about twenty minutes. Everyone is talking to each other. I throw in a few things here and there, but I'm mainly just listening. My opinions aren't really needed anyway. I glance over at Niall and see he's got a concentrated expression on his face. I watch him think something over and over. I can literally see the wheels spinning in his head. I'm about to ask Niall what he's thinking so hard about when Liv walks in.

"Hey, Honey Boo!" Liv says, straddling his lap. I look away along with all the other boys. I can hear Liv murmuring some things in Niall's ear, and, quite honestly, I wish I didn't hear it. Some of the things she says are very inappropriate. Zayn is about to say something when we hear a knock on the door. Liv continues sucking Niall's face, so Louis gets up to answer the door. Zayn, Harry, Liam, and I stand up and go to the door. I'm sure it looks very weird, all of us standing at the door to welcome the delivery guy.