Chapter 27: Meet the New Girl

A/N: Heylo! Okay, so just a heads up: this chapter does involve a period (girl's time). I did it because it explains some moodiness in the upcoming chapters. So, I'm sorry if it grosses you out or whatever. I tried really hard to make it as undetailed about the blood itself as possible. Anyway, that's it. Love ya!

Tara's POV

I fell asleep on the plane, but so did everyone else. I never thought I'd be traveling out of the UK. It honestly feels so surreal to me.

"Tara," someone says, shaking me. "Tara, get up. We're here." My eyes slowly open to reveal Zayn and Harry looking at me. Harry is the one who is shaking me. I let out a small groan, but I get up anyway. My stomach starts to hurt really badly, but I ignore it and move to get my bag.

"Fine. I'm up," I say. I grab my backpack and walk towards the plane's door. I turn around to find all of the boys staring at me.

"Um, Tara, do you want to go to the bathroom?" Harry asks. I give him a weird look. Zayn looks down at his feet, and soon enough all of the boys are looking anywhere that isn't me. I'm staring at the boys, not sure what is going on.

"Woah! Tara, I think it's your time of the month. If you go in the bathroom and look under the sink, you'll find some, um, feminine products you can use," Paul says bluntly. Louis is looking at Paul like he's trying really hard not to laugh. I feel my heart quicken as I run to the bathroom. I almost burst into tears as I see the blood. Gosh! I hate being a girl sometimes.

I quickly look under the sink and find a pad. I put it on and pull up my white pants. I turn around and look in the mirror. The blood is extremely prominent.

"Shit!" I say, a tad too loudly. There's a knock on the door, and my head starts to pound. Agh! Not the headaches! I think. I rub my temples, trying to think if I have a jacket or a spare pair of shorts in my backpack. Why did I leave my backpack out there? I think, mentally kicking myself.

"Tara. Are you okay in there?" Louis asks through the door. I shake my head no.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything is fine in here. Don't worry about a thing!" I say, lying. I hate this.

"Um, ok. Well, Niall is looking through your backpack for a jacket or something. If we can't find anything, one of us is going to have to get your suitcase and look through that," Louis says. I can tell he's feeling really awkward talking to me like this.

"Oh," I say softly. I look around and start fiddling with the towel. It's quiet on the other side of the door. I sit against it, thinking Wow, Tara. Great job at impressing your new employers. Showing off your bloody ass is just a terrific first impression. Suddenly, there's a knock on the other side. I want to scream at them to go away.

"Tara? Louis and Niall are going to get your suitcase. They'll be back in a few minutes," Liam says. "I've got some ibuprofen if you need any." I say a silent thank you to God and open the door slightly.

"Thanks, Liam," I say through the cracked door. He nods and turns around to leave. I open the bottle and take out two. I swallow them dry. Almost immediately, the headache and cramps disappear.

"Hey, Blueberry. I got you some shorts," Niall says, tapping the door lightly. I open the door just a little and grab the shorts. He smiles and leaves. I slip the shorts on and give a half smile to the mirror. I'm about to leave the bathroom when I feel something in my pocket. I pull it out.

Blueberry,

Just wanted to say that I hope you aren't in too much pain. I'm sure you're thinking life sucks right now, but to make up for the sucky landing, I'll buy you ice cream.

- Niall

I smile widely, but I quickly hide it as I open the door. I keep the note in my hand and walk over to my backpack. I shove my jeans in the front pocket and pick it up.

"Ok! Looks like we're all ready to leave," Paul says cheerfully. Everyone grabs their bags and start filing out the plane. Niall comes up behind me, and he taps my shoulder. I turn around and smile.

"You okay?" Niall asks softly, his voice full of concern. I nod my head, still smiling.

"Thanks," I say. He nods his head, clearly proud of himself. I silently laugh at this and continue on my way.

FIVE HOURS LATER

We're all settling on the bus. I take the top bunk in the far back of the bus and slide my backpack in. The bed is actually quite large so I decide to keep my backpack up there so no one goes digging around in it. I trust the boys not to, but I still worry since I'm the only girl on this bus.

Mine and Harry's other bags are in the bunk under me, and then Harry is on the very bottom bunk. Across from me is Niall in the top bunk, his and Louis' bags, and then Louis on the very bottom bunk. Paul sleeps on the top bunk in front of me and diagonal of Niall, his and Ted's bags, and then Ted sleeps on the very bottom bunk. Zayn sleeps across from Paul and diagonal to me, his and Liam's bags, and then Liam sleeps on the very bottom bunk. A/N: I'm so sorry this is confusing. If you need a visual aid, look at the picture you see at the very top of the beginning of this chapter! The boys' and my actual suitcases and other equipment is stored under the bus.

I fold the clothes I brought for changing throughout the trip to Tampa Bay. It will take us a total of three days to get to the hotel. I'm so happy to get in the bed that I decide to stay there and watch films for the rest of the night. I'm just starting the movie when Liam comes over to me.

"Hey, the new designer is about to get here. She's gonna come in and hang out with us before we take off for the road," Liam says. I look at him, completely annoyed that I have to get out and interact with people.

"Okay, I'll be out there in a minute," I say. Liam nods his head and goes back to the living area of the bus. I grab my backpack and look through it for my textbook and highlighter. I find it, and I hop down from my bed. I sort of stumble a landing since it's taller than it looks. I stand up straight and go the way Liam did.

I find the boys waiting on the couches watching the tele. I take a seat and open my textbook. I pull out my highlighter and start coloring the text.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks, looking at me. I look up, but I quickly look back down at my book.

"Um, I'm just highlighting some information for next semester," I say. I feel my cheeks turn pink. Gosh, I think, I sound like a total nerd! I glance up and see the boys looking at me. I look at Niall, and he's smiling at his lap. I turn my attention back to my book, when Ted, the bus driver, burst through the door. A/N: I made Ted up. Don't kill me.

I look at Ted. He's about fifty years old, and he has a little grey hair. He's not bald, but he's on his way. His smile is absolutely radiating. He seems like he genuinely enjoys his job. I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"Lady and gentlemen! I present Miss Josie Hughes!" Ted says excitedly. My mouth falls open. Josie is the new designer? What! Josie steps on the bus, and I can see her smiling widely. She looks at the boys and their expressions show pure joy.

"Well, this is lucky! We get to work with someone who we know and already like!" Liam says. He turns to me. "Isn't this great, Tara? Best friends working on the same crew! Well, sort of. Wait! Did you guys plan this?" I force a laugh and smile towards Josie. Her smile is just as forced. I can tell she's still mad at me because her eyes are shooting daggers at me.

"Um, ok," Niall says, clearly the only one who is sensing the tension between us, "Well, welcome aboard, Josie. Louise is a great person to work with." He glances at me and then at Josie. He mouths "Are you okay?" to me. I ignore him and turn my attention to my book.

I continue highlighting as the boys and Josie catch up on things. Finally, Josie leaves. I look out the window behind me, and I watch her walk over to a van. She gets in, but before she hops in, she turns around and looks at the window, her expression sad and longing.