Chapter 57: Late Night Snacks

Tara's POV

Josie and I finally leave Steak N Shake around one in the morning. Josie had tried to pry out why I was suddenly acting weird, but if I tell her, I know she'll make a huge fuss over something that could end up being a pretty petty thing.

Josie and I flag a cab down and hop in. We tell the driver where to take us and sit back to relax. Josie keeps glancing at me with a worried expression on her face, but I ignore it and look out at the passing buildings.

We finally get to the hotel with a screeching halt. Josie and I quickly pay the man and get out the cab not a second before the driver starts speeding away.

"Thanks for the ride!" Josie calls out. I laugh a little at her childish voice and start walking to the double doors. Josie comes running up to my side and matches my stride perfectly.

"So," Josie starts, "do you wanna tell me why you got so quiet so quickly?"

I shake my head and walk faster. I press the button for the lift and walk in when it dings. The lift takes us up two flights and finally opens up to a bunch of girls giggling. I step out, Josie close behind, and walk down the hallway. I spot Harry and Liam outside their room door with three teenage girls talking an earful to them. Liam and Harry look a bit annoyed, but who would be happy to be bombarded at almost 2:30 in the morning?

"Okay, well, it's rea-," Liam says, trying to escape the clingy fans.

"Wait!" One girl shouts. Liam stops and turns to look at her. Harry keeps peeling another girl off him every five seconds. "I haven't asked you my question."

"What is your question, love?" Liam asks, annoyance and exhaustion starting to show.

"Um, can you sing your You & I version?" The girl asks with big eyes for extra effect. Liam looks at Harry for help but sees that Harry has his own problems.

"I don't thi-," Liam says, drawling out his words.

"PLEASE!"

I step up to Liam and Harry and relief floods their entire face. I open my mouth but realize I don't know what to say.

"Liam! Harry!" I exclaim. Harry looks over at me quickly, confusion in his eyes. "Paul has been going nuts! And, Harry! Do you realize that Louis has been going insane without you? You know how he gets when you're gone for so long."

Harry and Liam nod their heads and put on fake shocked and guilty expressions. I turn to the girls.

"I'm sorry, ladies, but Harry and Liam have to go apologize for making everyone freak out like they did."

The three girls glare at me but march off. I turn back to the two boys and cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

"We owe you big time, T," Harry says. Liam nods his head in agreement. I laugh and nod my head as I move to the room right next door. Puling out my key from my pocket, I look over at Liam and Harry.

"So, why exactly are you up at 2:30 in the morning? Don't you have a photo shoot tomorrow morning?" I ask, sliding my key in and turning it. Josie calls from across the hall and waves me goodnight. I wave back and turn my focus back at the boys.

"We were going to see if we could grab a bite to eat but then we were spotted," Liam explains. I nod my head.

"Uh! I'm still starving!" Harry complains. I smile and open my door.

"Come in. I'll make you guys my favorite late night snack," I say, motioning for the two idiots to follow me. Their faces light up with excitement as they follow me inside. The hotel room is dim, but there is just enough light for me to find the kitchen area. I start grabbing my ingredients: apples, chocolate chips, and peanut butter.

"What on earth?" Harry asks, picking up the chocolate chip bag. Liam turns on the lights and watches me.

"I didn't know we had this stuff," Liam says. I take the chocolate chips from Harry and place it on the other side of the counter, away from Harry. He pouts a little but takes a seat next to Liam on the bar stools.

"That's 'cause you don't. They're mine!" I say, taking out the core of the apple easily with my knife.

"Why do you need chocolate chips?" Harry asks.

"Why do I need a reason to have chocolate?" I counter. Liam makes a "mm" noise and tilts his head from side to side as he considers this. Harry chuckles at my response and watches me. My hands cut the apples into eighteen good size slices. Placing the apples down, I start humming the song my mum always sings when she's making these for me. I keep humming as I spread the peanut butter over the first slice. The chocolate chips are next, so I sprinkle them on top and place the next apple slice on top of that. I smile as I look down at the apple sandwiches.

"You have a really good voice, you know," Liam points out as he snatches one of the apple sandwiches. A little laugh slips from my lips as I grab my own snack. I take a bite and chew thoughtfully.

"It's true. I mean, when you were singing the other day, I was totally blown away," Harry says as he bites into his apple.

"You guys are sweet and all but I'd rather just stick to working behind the scenes," I say, finishing off my second sandwich.

"Stage fright?" Harry asks. I nod my head and think back to my sixth grade play. A cold chill engulfs me as the memory floods back. I shake my head and turn my attention back to the still talking boys.

"But now I'm thinking about hiding the body in Niall's backyard since, you know, no one ever suspects the Leprechaun," Liam says casually, his eyes sparkling. My eyes go wide and I stumble back. What did he say!? I ask myself.

"W-what b-b-body?" I ask shakily. Liam looks up at me like he's just now realizing I'm standing in front of him.

"Oh! You weren't supposed to hear that. Oh well. I guess I'll have to kill you, too!" Liam says, a smile fighting its way on his face. I see his eyes flicker with amusement and quickly realize he's just messing with me. I glare at him and look down at the empty plate. The plate is extremely sticky with peanut butter which means I'll be stuck washing it. Great! I think sarcastically. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and look at who it's from.

Kayla: You leave at six in the morning at the San Diego Airport. DO NOT FORGET!!!

I type my reply and am surprised that Kayla answers right away.

Tara: Why?

Kayla: It's Mum

"So, you excited about the camping trip this weekend?" Liam asks. My mouth falls to a frown and I turn around to put the plate in the sink. My grip on the ceramic plate is so tight, I'm worried that I'll break it. The plate slowly descends in to the sink by my shaky hand.

"Tara?" Harry asks. I gulp down and stare at the plate.

Something's wrong with Mum. What's gonna happen to her? She can't die on us, can she? No! She can't! Mum is too strong. She's been fighting it for so long already. Too long.

A/N:

Heylo! Sorry for updating late today. I just lost track of time.

Oh! One Direction released the songs on their new album Made In The A.M. this morning. Or, technically, all day yesterday on Snapchat. If you don't have Snapchat, the songs are:

1) Hey, Angel
2) Drag Me Down (single)
3) Perfect
4) Infinity
5) End of the Day
6) If I Could Fly
7) Long Way Down
8) Never Enough
9) Olivia
10) What a Feeling
11) Love You, Goodbye
12) I Want To Write You a Song
13) History
14) Temporary Fix

EXTRA SONGS ON THE DELUXE ALBUM:

15) Walking In
16) Wolves
17) A.M.

These songs aren't, like, for sure for sure. The boys themselves had announced these names, but I'm not positive they will be on the album (though, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be!).

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!