Chapter 73: No Escape

Niall's POV

We get to London around 9:20PM. The plane seems to take hours to land the stupid thing. I know I'm anxious but can you blame me?

"A cab should be waiting for us," Zayn says as he turns his phone back on. I nod my head not really processing what he had said. Okay, I think, I'm going to comfort Tara until she feels better. My plan is just going to have to wait until later. Tara isn't going anywhere.

The boys, Paul, and I walk down the airport corridors until we reach a door labeled Pick-Up. I race over to the door and push my way through the crowd that is standing around outside the airport. I find a clearing and frantically turn in circles.

"Niall, calm down. Would ya?" Liam asks. I nod my head absentmindedly and turn to face the road filled with honking cars.

"There!" Louis shouts loudly. I whip my head around so I can look where Louis is pointing. A man in a black suit with dark glasses on is holding a sign with the words Paul and Boys scrawled across the white paper. I glance around the crowd and, once I know it's safe, make a mad dash over to the man.

When I approach him, the man doesn't even flinch at me. His face stays in the same serious expression and his arms stay positioned in front of him with the sign still in his hands. Paul, Harry, Liam, Louis, and Zayn make their way over to me and the chauffeur. Once they are finally here, the man in black nods his head, puts the sign down, turns around, and starts walking towards the parking lot.

FORTY MINUTES LATER

The drive to the hospital seems longer than it should have been. The London atmosphere is gloomier than usual and the hustle bustle of the city seems to have disappeared since the last time I was here.

Finally, we are dropped off at the Visitors Center doors of the hospital. My phone dings in my pocket, so, I pull it out.

Liv: Hey, babe! I'm in London! Saw on Celebrate! that you're in London too. We'll have to meet up! Love you, babe <3

I roll my eyes at her text.

Niall: Liv, I told you we're not dating anymore!

Liv: I know, babe, but we can still hang out!

Again, I roll my eyes are her text but I don't respond to her. Maybe if I just ignore her, she'll go away, I think jokingly.

"Okay, lads, do we know where she is?" I ask. Liam nods his head and starts walking towards the door. Right as we are walking inside, a man wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and fancy business shoes rushes past us. His hair is messy and long and flowing behind him like a cape or something. We follow him inside and down the hallways. Oddly enough, he's going in the same doors and down the same hallways as we are.

"I hope this doesn't seem like we're following him," I whisper to Louis. Though Louis and I are good again, we still tense up after the other makes a comment about the other. But I know this will pass soon.

"I hope it does. 'Cause if that happens, then we can have one of those movie fights!" Louis says excitedly. Liam and Zayn look back at us with weird expressions, but we just make a funny face at them. They laugh and turn back to face the front.

The double doors in front of us is labeled CANCER CENTRE. Under that in tiny print is SEE FRONT DESK FIRST.

We walk through the doors and make a beeline for the front desk. I spot the man with long hair shaking a girl with bright red hair. My first thought is Tara. But then, I think that it can't be her because she is clutching onto the man's arm and closing her eyes like she's finally feeling secure and happy. I shake my head to get a scared and alone Tara out of my mind. When I look up, a clipboard is being handed to me with at least five pages on it. I sigh, take it from the lady, and turn to go sit by the other boys who are already finished with their first page. This is going to take forever, I think grumpily.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

I finally finish the humongous packet about five minutes after everyone else. Harry and Louis have been bugging me to hurry up but the questions were harder than I thought they would be. I mean, how am I supposed to know when I went to the hospital last. Or what shots I got at my last check up.

The lady at the front desk takes my clipboard and hands me a visitor's name tag with my name already written on it. I stick it on my shirt and head over to where we were sitting before. 

Tara's POV

Hunter keeps me under his arm, his huge muscles I once adored blocking my view of what's happening behind me. Or, I guess, preventing me from getting the nurse's attention for help. Either way, I'm bored of watching the mother read a magazine and her son pick his nose.

"Hunter, I need to go," I whisper to him. His eyes flutter open and he opens his mouth.

"Where?" Hunter asks even though he full on knows where I need to go.

"I need to go," I say again. This time Hunter actually looks at me. He gets this evil smile on his lips, and he nods his head.

"Okay. We can go," Hunter says. He stands up and takes my hand. I am dragged down the hallway to the bathroom. When we find them, I am about to enter the one labeled ladies but Hunter has other ideas. Instead, he pulls me into the family bathroom and shoves me against the far wall. The impact takes my breath away and I'm gasping for oxygen.

Hunter growls at me as he shuts the door and locks it. I glance up at him, fear overtaking my entire body. The floor underneath me seems to be shaking and the walls seem to be closing in on me. My breathing quickens so much that it starts to burn my lungs.

"Hunter," I say in my hoarse voice. "Stop!"

The look he gives me in response tells me I won't be getting away this time. No. This time, Hunter is going to get what he wants.

A/N:

Heylo! I actually like this chapter! Like, this is the first chapter I'm not complaining about something that happened wrong or how crappy of an ending it has. I'm so happy now!!!

Lol, I'm such a child sometimes. Anywho, I'm 99.9% sure that there will be exactly four more chapters PLUS an epilogue that will come along sometime after that. And then, I'll be posting new chapters on my realistic fiction with the same regular Sunday/Wednesday update night schedule.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me. Love ya!