Chapter 18: Happy Two Months!

TWO MONTHS LATER

Tara's POV

I wake up to a text from Hunter. I smile and open it.

Hunter: Morning, love. Happy two month anniversary! I'm picking you up at noon, so be ready for a day of fun!

Tara: Good morning, Boo! Happy two month anniversary to you too!

Tara: Okay, I may be a little late though.

I run to my wardrobe and look through it. I decide on a pink, floral summer dress. I curl my hair a little and put it half up. I add a black bow for good measure. Next, I walk over to my makeup and add just a little bit of mascara, blush, and lip gloss. I shove my feet into a cream pair of heels and grab a light pink clutch.

I look in my mirror and smile. Josie walks in, and her face falls into a frown. I look at her, smiling ear to ear.

"What do you think? It's for my and Hunters two month anniversary! Do you think he'll like it?" I ask, smiling even more at the thought of Hunter. I turn back to the mirror and do a little twirl.

"It, uh, looks nice," Josie says, her frown staying put. I turn and look at Josie, folding my arms across my chest.

"What's up, Jo?" I ask, "I mean, ever since I went out with Hunter, you've acted weird. AND you always leave the room whenever Hunter and George are around." Josie looks down at her feet and mumbles something. I give her a face.

"What?" I ask. Josie looks up and glares at me.

"I said, 'I don't trust him'. Okay?" Josie says sourly. My smile completely disappears. My eyes start to water at the thought of my best friend not liking my boyfriend. Then I remember that night Niall had come over.

"You know, that's the same thing about you and Niall. I know you guys say that 'nothing happened', but I don't believe you at all,"I say, putting air quotes around nothing happened. Josie's face twists into a sour face. I glare at her, knowing that I have her stumped.

"Yeah, well believe what you want 'cause I know Niall would never hurt a girl; unlike Hunter," Josie says, poison in her words. I'm pissed at this.

"Ha! Looks who's talking! All Thomas ever does is cheat on you. And what do you do? You take him right back; not a moment's thought about it," I say, spitting out the words.

"Thomas cares about me! He's just having a hard time being away from me so much! I mean, at least I'm pretty enough for a guy to miss me!" Josie says, crossing her arms and smirking at me. My mouth drops open as I hear her words. But it quickly disappears.

"Slut," I say.

"Bitch."

I hear a car horn, and I grab my purse. I head to the door, still pissed at Josie for wrecking my perfect morning.

"I can't believe you would say that," I say as I walk out the door.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

I walk, hand in hand with Hunter, to our favorite spot. We get to the spot where we had our first date, two months ago. It seems like so much longer, though.

"Can you believe that two months ago, we were on our first date?" I ask, sitting down on the blanket. I glance up at Hunter, and he is staring at his hands.

"Why were you so angry when you got in the car?" Hunter asks, completely ignoring my last statement. I roll my eyes, my anger boiling again.

"Ugh! Josie was being a total bitch. She was saying that you aren't trustworthy, and that I shouldn't date you. I was ready to strangle her, honestly," I say. I take out a cucumber and snap it in half. Hunter looks over at me, clearly surprised at my anger. He takes the cucumber pieces and starts to slice them with a knife. My hands fall to my lap.