Chapter 74: Gone

Niall's POV

We hang around the waiting room looking for Tara. We have all tried texting her but she won't respond.

"I'm going to use the toilet," I tell the lads. They nod absentmindedly and wave me away. I ask the desk lady where it is and she points me in the right direction. I walk down the long hallway until I see three identical doors. The first one is labelled men, the second one is family, and the third one is ladies. I walk towards the men's door when I hear a loud thump coming from the family's bathroom. The air around me cools down at least ten degrees. I wait for someone to cry out for help or something but nothing happens. Assuming they are okay, I place my hand on the men's knob. Right as I'm about to turn it, I hear a thump again. But, this time, following it is a whimper. Someone tries to say something but something muffles it.

I walk over to the door and knock on it, praying to the man upstairs that no one is being murdered right now.

"Um, are you okay?" I ask through the door. I feel stupid talking to someone I don't even know whilst outside the bathroom door.

No one answers me but it becomes strangely quiet. I'm about to knock again when someone's hand lands on my shoulder. I jump and spin around to find Liam and Zayn behind me. They both glance at each other as if they're trying to figure out how to approach this situation.

"Niall," Liam says cautiously, "are you feeling okay?"

I nod my head and point to the door behind me.

"What's happened, mate?" Zayn asks. I sigh and start explaining what I heard when I was going into the men's room. Right as I'm about to say that I'm not crazy — even though I know they think I am — another loud thump comes through the door. My blood runs cold as I hear someone, definitely a girl, let out a scream and cry. She tries to amplify it but something, or someone, stops it. Liam and Zayn's expression shows complete shock and belief.

I turn back to the door and start trying to wiggle the doorknob. But, before I can do much damage, Zayn speaks up.

"Niall. We don't even know who is behind that door or what is happening in there!" Zayn says to me.

"I know. But someone is in trouble, and I can't just leave them," I respond, my eyes on the door and my hands trying to force the door open.

"Someone get Paul!" I shout to them. One of the boys turns around and runs down the hallway whilst the other one stays to watch me. I don't know who left or who has stayed but I don't really care right now.

"GO. AWAY!" A man yells. I back away as he continues talking. "OR I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL BEAT YOUR SORRY ASS AFTER I KILL EVERYONE YOU LOVE!"

Someone pulls me back and holds me there. Finally, Paul comes back with Liam not far behind. I let out a sigh of relief but my mouth won't form words to explain what's happening. Thank goodness Zayn can.

"Paul, there's a man in there abusing a lass," Zayn says calmly but confidently. Liam's eyes blow up as he hears Zayn's words. Paul, however, keeps his poker face on.

Paul walks up to the door and bangs on it.

"Open this door right now! We have already called the police! If you don't open this door I can guarantee jail time!" Paul shouts. Nothing happens which relieves and frightens me.

"I will break this door down!" Paul tries again. Again, no response.

"Did Paul really call the police?" I whisper to Liam. He nods his head. Paul starts to the get aggravated because the guy on the other side isn't cooperating.

"That's it!" Paul shouts as he backs away from the door. He runs like a bull towards that door and ploughs it over. The door shatters and exposes everything that is inside the small bathroom.

I rush inside, my heart pounding inside my ears. The room is dark and quiet. But inside my head, I can still hear the girl's screams. Liam, Zayn, and Paul walk in behind me. I feel the wall but quickly pull it back. Something wet and gooey is on the wall.

Liam flicks the light switch so we can see things. I look at the wall I just touched and gasp. Blood. Blood everywhere.

I hear another gasp and I turn to look where Liam is staring. My breathing completely stops when I see the girl.

She is hardly breathing. Blood is running down her face and sides. The clothes she once wore are scattered around the room. She is completely naked. Her hair is bright red, but that doesn't hide the fact that blood is drying on her head. Her clear white skin is bruised, red, and scarred for life. The cuts on her skin will never go away. They will always be there to remind her of the terrible things that happened to her on this horrible night.

Paul, Liam, Zayn, and I can't seem to force ourselves to move towards her. I'm scared that if we touch her, she'll wake up crying and afraid of us. I glance at the boys and Paul and see that they all have conflicted looks on their faces. What do you do when you find a girl half dead and getting closer to the end as each minute passes?

Finally, my feet unglue themselves from the spot I am frozen in. The room seems to be growing, making the short distance from her lasting forever. My brain thinks of every scenario that could happen until I finally step up to her.

I am standing next to her and can see the cuts as clear as day. They are deep and bloody whilst her breathing is shallow and dry. I kneel down next to her as a tear slips down my face. The girl in front of me lets out one last breath before everything in the room freezes.

My own heart stops as I stare at the girl, her fiery red hair falling in front of her face. I reach down to pull the hair back and tuck it behind her ear. The girl's porcelain white skin is cold at the touch but her lips are still warm. There is blood on them, but she still looks flawless. I pull her body towards me so her chest is facing the ceiling. I didn't know I could cry as much as I did when I saw her face. I didn't know that I could feel that broken when I saw what had happened to her. I didn't know I could feel so empty when I saw my Blueberry lying dead in front of me.

A/N:

Heylo! So, my story is almost finished. I'm so sad but so happy at the same time. Haha, I'm such a girl.

Anywho, this whole week, I'll be updating a chapter a day. I'm not sure when but sometime every day until 25 December 2015, I'll post a new chapter. The epilogue will be a Christmas gift (if you do Christmas that is; if you don't, then, it's just a gift from me to you!)

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me. Love ya!