Chapter 67: Reminiscing

My A/N is long. I'm sorry. Please AT LEAST read the fourth paragraph. It deals with the Paris incident. Thank you! Love ya!

Louis' POV

"Yeah. Every day of my life," I croak. Niall doesn't look at me but I can hear the sniffles escape his throat. I know he won't look at me; his pride is important. And crying over a girl isn't something guys are usually proud of.

"I miss her," Niall says after a long time. I nod my head slowly and sit down next to him. Niall looks over at me and watches me watch the sun slowly sink below the horizon.

"I know you do. But, Tara is a big girl. I bet she's laughing with some old friends as they get drunk in a Uni bar," I say in an attempt to lighten the mood. It works. For about three seconds.

"Why can't I just forget about her?" Niall asks softly. I look at him and open my mouth. I quickly shut it, though, because, honestly, I don't know what to say.

"If you could, would you really want to forget about Tara completely?" I ask. I watch for Niall's expression. His face shows confusion and debate. Finally, his mind is made up and he shakes his head.

"No," Niall says, "I couldn't deal with life not knowing Tara."

I smile at his response and am about to respond when he continues talking.

"Do you know what Tara and I did the day I asked her to join the sound crew?" Niall asks. Before I can answer, though, he keeps going. "Tara and I spent the entire day running around from place to place laughing as we did nothing but have fun. I mean, we threw water and soap at each other in a public bathroom. I came up with a nickname for her that day. We scared the crap out of each other that day. It was the best and most relaxing day I've had in a long time. And, every time I talk to her, I feel my mind and body slip into that same mode as it was in the day we spent the day together."

I smile to myself as Niall talks about Tara some more. He tells me stories about them hanging out. He explains jokes to me. He tells me things he has learned about Tara. He tells me how much he misses her and needs her in his life.

"Remember how I said I liked Liv?" Niall asks. I nod my head and bite my tongue from saying anything mean about the bitch known as Liv.

"I was lying," Niall chuckles out. "I was lying right through my arse!"

I laugh at him as he doubles over because of his laughing.

"Liv drives me insane! I could never really date her. Much less, love her!"

Niall's laughing slowly dies down, and, suddenly, the atmosphere grows quiet and serene. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment.

"Well, the boys and I just want you happy. Whether it be with Tara or with Liv, we'll always be there for you," I say, clamping my hand on his shoulder. Niall smiles and looks down at his hands. In his hands is a flower crown made of daisies, grass, and the occasional Rowan leaf.

"I'm sorry I took Liv's side over you and the boys'. I just...I just really wanted Liv to like me for real. I wanted her to fe-" Niall says. I cut him off, though.

"Ni, it's okay. I probably would've done the same thing. I'm just glad you're finally coming to you senses and realize you like Tara and not Liv!"

Niall smiles a little and chuckles at me as he nods his head. I smile back and look at the horizon. The purple sky and the small stars sparkle down on us. Yeah, everything will be fine.

Tara's POV

I walk back to the main road and call a cab. I give the driver my address and sit back to watch the city go by.

We make a stop on Uni campus due to some drunk drivers and an accident. I look outside to see if I can catch a glimpse of who was in the catastrophe and if they're okay. Whilst I'm scanning the area, I stop and stare at the cafe Niall and I had gone in that day he asked me to join the sound crew. Clarissa's.

My mind sends me back in time to when Niall and I had awkwardly sat in that booth waiting for that rude waitress to give us our drinks. Thinking back to it, I laugh. Niall and I could hardly say a word to each other. It was so awkward. Unlike now.

The car moves forward and we drive for a while. A red light stops our journey. I spot the gas station Niall and I had gone to because our waitress poured spaghetti on my head. I smile a sad smile as I remember our little game in the bathroom. The water and soap everywhere. Chasing each other until we were both on the ground laughing our heads off. The counter lady banging on the door and telling us to leave and then Niall's scratchy voice he used when he yelled at her about having a crappy crap. And, then, him giving me his hoodie. The heat from his body transferring to mine and warming my wet clothes and cold skin. But the best part of that little adventure was getting a nickname from Niall.

I'm his little blueberry. I know he's been preoccupied with Liv — I totally understand that! — but it still hurts that I haven't been able to hang out with him lately. Hunter and Liv were always getting in the way. But I guess it was for the best. The One Direction fans were finally seeing one of their favorite boys date someone, and I was keeping Hunter from ruining the boys' lives and careers.

I tear my eyes away from the gas station and look out the other window. But the world seems to want me to remember everything about that day because the cab turns a corner and I am suddenly looking out at the park that Niall and I messed around at. The actual place where Niall had asked me to work on the sound crew for One Direction. I spot the swings we jumped off and smile as I laugh silently about how we freaked each other out.

The cab is about to turn the corner when I decide to change my plans for the night. And the rest of my life.

"Stop the cab!" I say. The driver slams on the brakes and looks back at me, his eyes wild and scared. "This is fine. Thank you!"

I throw the money at him and hop out the yellow car. I race over to the park gate and walk through. There is one place I want to go back to. One place I want to see before I decide to leave Niall alone for good.

A/N:

Heylo! Again, this chapter was planned better but poorly written! I'm sorry! I don't know why I suddenly can't write. It's getting frustrating really.

Made In the A.M. finally came out today! In my area, it was dropped at exactly 12:02 AM. Haha. Anyway, my favourite songs are "Hey Angel", "I Want to Write You a Song", "Love You Goodbye", and "A.M". What is/are your favourite song(s) on the album. Do you remember the exact (or estimated) time the album was officially available for you? And, because I want to see what you guys think, listen to "If I Could Fly" and tell me what you think the song means. On Sunday, I'll give my opinion in the next A/N just so I don't influence anyone's ideas.

Also, shoutout to my best friend PurpleSpaceUnicorn11  This morning, she made me cry because she wrote such a sweet entry on her life story book. I literally was sobbing and shaking. My sister looked at me and was like, "Are you okay?" And, I was like, "No. Not at all." Anywho, Adelaide, you're an amazing girl. I love how we can talk about a million things at a time and then not talk at all but still feel comfortable enough to cry to. You are like my twin sister I never had. Even though we won't be at the same school next year, I hope we still make time to hang out. I know that you're always gonna be there for me no matter what Life throws us. Please don't ever give up. I'll be here when you need me. Even if it is two in the morning on a school night. Just keep calling and I'll eventually pick up. <3

And, last but definitely not least, please remember Paris, France because terrorists have decided to attack the city of love. I hope that everyone there is as safe as the man upstairs can make them. And if they died, I hope He grants them entrance in Heaven/afterlife*.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me. Love ya!

*I don't want to offend anyone because of their religion/non-religion. I believe in my religion and you believe in yours. I won't judge. I promise.