Chapter 76: My Blonde Haired Boy

Tara's POV

I wake up in a strange room. Actually, it's not strange at all. It's an exact replica of the room Mum was in when she was in the hospital. The room has machines hooked up to me, a tele, and a blonde haired boy asleep in a chair with his head on the table in front of him. He looks familiar, but, for some reason, I can't remember why. I study him for a few minutes, taking in everything I can about him from my position in the bed.

The boy is wearing dark blue jeans and a white, long-sleeved shirt. He is wearing black converse shoes with black Nike socks. I notice his phone on the table. It looks like an iPhone 6, but I'm not positive. The boy's hair is messy and tangled, like he hasn't used a comb in a while. The sleepy look on his face is uneasy and fidgety. I wonder how long he's been here.

The phone on the table starts to ring and buzz. The boy doesn't stir at all. I reach as far as I can and just barely touch it. Once the phone is in reach, I swipe it up and hit answer.

"Hello?" I say into the speaker. Rustling comes through the earpiece.

"Hi, Tara," someone, a man, says. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Who are you?" I ask. The person on the other end stays quiet. More rustling comes through until, finally, someone speaks again.

"Tara, have you ever heard of One Direction?" a different man asks. I nod my head as I remember the cute Irish one.

"Yeah. They're cute. Why?" I say stupidly.

"Ha. Well, you're talking to one of 'em. This is Harry," Harry says. Slowly, my brain starts to wake up from its funk. I gasp, remembering the night the boys were supposed to come in. I drop the phone and turn to face the blonde-haired boy; Niall.

I stare at Niall, taking in his features, but this time, actually recognising them. His messy hair is starting to show his original brunette hair. I smile as I think of him with brown hair instead of blonde hair. I take in a deep breath and lean forward.

I reach as far as I can. Finally, I am inches from his shoulder. I push my body even further until I feel like I'm about to fall over. I touch his shoulder but start to fall over the edge of the bed. My body falls forward but, right before my face meets the ground, something catches me. I am pulled back up and then sat on the bed sheets. My breathing is uneven and my vision is blurred as I try to push my fear away.

I look up to find Niall standing over me, his hair even more messy and his clothes totally wrinkled. I smile at him and he smiles back at me.

"Hello," Niall says quietly. I open my mouth but nothings comes out. My heart is screaming one thing whilst my brain is yelling back at it to shut the fuck up. I feel so conflicted on the inside that I look down at my lap, take a deep breath, and start talking.

"Niall James Horan," I say, not looking up because I'm scared of what his reaction will be, "I...I think I'm...in love...with you."

My eyes stay down as my fingers tap out the tune of "Story of My Life" on my thigh as I try to ignore him. Niall doesn't say anything for a long time — which scares me a lot — but he also doesn't run out of the room in disgust like I had thought he would. I squeeze my eyes shut and take in a deep, deep, deep breath and finally look up.

Niall's face shows two things: excitement and wonder. My entire body fills with hope, but I quickly squash that down in case I'm reading his expression wrong.

"Kitara Elizabeth James," Niall starts, keeping his eyes on me as a smile spreads across his face, "I know I'm in love with you."

I feel my cheeks heat up and my smile fight its way back on to my face. If my ears serve me right, Niall Horan — the Niall Horan — said he is in love with me. Could this really be reality? Is this really my reality?

"Niall, are you-" I say, but Niall interrupts me before I can finish my question.

"Yes," Niall says nodding his head. "I really do love you."

Niall's POV

"Tara, I've loved you since the second I met you. The very moment you fell into my arms at the concert, I knew you were the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. I watched you the entire time you were at the concert. Your smile made that concert the best one the boys and I had performed in a long time. I remember leaving the stage with such a buzz that I thought I'd never return to being normal. But, then, I realised I'll never see you again. So, I made sure that I saw you one more time before we went our separate ways. And, you know what happened after that?" I say with every ounce of love in my heart. Tara shakes her beautiful head, her crazy red hair going left to right with such a mesmerising motion that I momentarily forget what we are talking about.

"I got your name. And then, I ran into you at the mall. I remember picking you up so we could escape the paparazzi. You came home with me and I made sure you were okay. And the entire time, I was floating. You were so peaceful and so beautiful it made my heart hurt."

"Niall, -" Tara says, but I stop her again.

"And the best part? You joined the sound crew and got to tour with us in America. But, then I found out you had a boyfriend. And, I was crushed. The world — my tiny world — just completely fell apart. So, I got a fake girlfriend to cover up my pain. It didn't work. It didn't work because every time I looked at you, my heart would beat faster than it should; my brain would go fuzzy; and, my entire body felt like it could melt on the spot when you smiled at me. Everything you do drives me insane. And, I never want that to end. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I'm not ready to give that up just yet. Not without a fight," I finally finish. I look at Tara. Her face is a mixture of amazement and love. I never want this moment to end. She's never looked at me like this. And, I'm scared that once the moment is over, she'll never look at me like with the same happiness again.

"You know what, Niall?" Tara asks. I tilt my head and swallow.

"What?" I ask softly. Tara smiles her radiant smile and leans in closer.

"You are going to be my blonde haired boy forever. I love you," Tara says. She leans in closer and closer. My heart beats a million a second. I close the gap between us and, finally, taste her soft pink lips.

Tara tastes exactly how I thought she would; strawberries and kiwi. Our lips move in sync as she leans further into me. My body completely melts against her. The world disappears around us and, suddenly, all I can focus on is Tara being in my arms forever. I'm never letting her go. Never in a million years.

A/N:

Heylo! Ohmygosh! How was that chapter? Did you guys like it? I love how it ended up. Gosh, I can't believe this is almost over. Just a one more chapter and, then, that's it. Crazy how time can fly by so fast!

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!