Chapter 31: Scissor War

Tara's POV

I sit in my bunk, waiting for Hunter to reply. I keep rereading my message. What if he makes me stay with him? I think, biting my nails. Or worse: what if he doesn't even care that I leave him. What if everything I thought about him was fake, a joke.

"Tara?" Someone says. I jump a little and look down at Niall. I give a fake smile.

"What's up?" I say, trying to make myself sound happy. I can tell that he doesn't believe me.

"Um, Josie needs some help coming up with clothes for a photoshoot. The boys and I are going over to get fitted and didn't know if you wanted to help her or not," Niall explains. I look down. I'm not ready to forgive Josie, but I don't want the boys to worry about me.

I look down at Niall and nod my head. He makes a "mkay" noise and turns to go. I jump down and grab a different shirt. I pull my British flag shirt over my white tank top. The shirt is nice and kind of baggy. I look in the mirror in the bathroom. I smile as I realize that the shirt and my light gray jeans look great together. I'm going to need to remember this outfit, I think happily.

I walk out to the living area to see all the boys in sweatpants and random T-shirts. I laugh.

"Wow. You guys really know how to dress up," I say jokingly. They all laugh

"Why'd you change?" Niall asks, pointing to my shirt. I shrug and grab my purse. I shove my phone in it and head for the door. I open it and walk down the stairs. The boys follow me.

We are in the parking lot of a hotel. Paul walks up to us, frowning slightly.

"Okay, boys. And Tara," Paul says, rubbing his hands together. "Now, we are in the States, so behave, Louis. Also, legal drinking age is 21. So, no going crazy."

"Awe!" Louis and Harry say. I laugh at this.

"Anyway! Josie doesn't seem too happy to be getting help from you, Tara. Any idea why?" Paul asks, looking right at me. I look at Josie's van right behind him. I shrug my shoulders.

"Um, I'm not sure," I say quickly. I know each of the boys are staring at me, but I just ignore them.

"All righty then. So just try to help her. If she insists that she doesn't need help then you can hang around the set or help Louise with makeup and hair." I nod my head, still avoiding everyone's gaze. Paul finishes up and gestures for us to follow.

We all follow him, no one really talking. Niall comes up behind me, but I push ahead. I really don't want to talk to anyone about Josie and I's fight.

We get in the hotel and walk up to Josie's room. We enter the room and see that it's a huge mess. On the kitchen table, there is fabric everywhere. On the couches, there are random pieces of clothes. And on the ground are millions of shoes and socks. The boys don't seem to notice the mess, but I stop in my tracks and look around. Josie comes out of a hallway, her hands full of shirts and pants. She looks over at me, her smile falling to a frown so fast it was like she wasn't even smiling at all. I glare back at her.

"Tara!" Liam says, clapping his hands in front of my face. I blink and jump back.

"Yeah?" I say, trying to slow my freaked out heart.

"Um, Josie is going to be putting outfits together. Are you going to help?" I glance at Josie again. I don't want to be stuck with her, but what else am I going to do?

"Yeah. Sure, whatever," I say, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. Liam says ok and walks away. I look at Josie and take a deep breath.

I walk over to the kitchen table and look at the fabric that is laid out. I pick some up and put them with other things. I look at Harry. He seems like he'd wear- I think, but Josie snaps her fingers at me.

"What?" I ask sourly. Josie glares at me and crosses her arms.

"What are doing here?" Josie asks, her eyes running me up and down. I do the same to her. She's wearing black skinny jeans with a light blue fitted tank top and a thin white button down. She has brown boots on and her hair is in a messy bun.

"I'm on the sound and light crew," I say, "But you wouldn't know that considering the fact that you've been ignoring me."

"Me!? You're the one ignoring me!" Josie says, clearly appalled. I snort a little at this.

"Please! At least I've been trying to talk to you! I've called you at least three times. When have you tried contacting me?" I accuse.

"I left you alone so then when I decided to call, we could have a levelheaded conversation and not A FREAKIN YELLING CONTEST!"

"WELL LOOKY HERE! WE'RE YELLING!"

Niall's POV

"WELL LOOKY HERE! WE'RE YELLING!" Tara shouts from the kitchen. I look at Harry and Liam. They both look worried. I walk over to the kitchen entrance to see what's going on.

"I'm not yelling! I'm mature and an adult! Unlike some people I know," Josie says bitterly. Tara picks up a pair of scissors like she's ready to throw it.

"LADS!" I shout, darting at Tara. I try to grab the scissors from her. Liam, Harry, Louis, and Zayn come running in. All of them are topless and looking dazed.

"Get Josie and-" I start, looking at Josie. "JOSIE! Put the scissors away!" Louis rushes over to her and grabs the scissors. Josie huffs and stares daggers at Louis.

"What the hell is going on?" Liam says.

"Tara is acting like a bitch," Josie sneers. Tara starts wriggling fiercely in my arms.

"I'm not the one who's jealous!"

"Jealous!?" Josie screeches, standing up straighter and pointing at Tara and I, "What's there to be jealous of?"

"I don't know. Maybe a good boyfriend, a nice boyfriend, a caring boyfriend. Oh! Have I mentioned that MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T CHEAT ON ME EVERY FIVE FREAKIN SECONDS?" Tara shouts. I move in front of her and push her head on my shoulder. I glance behind me and see that Louis is doing to same to Josie. Liam, Harry, and Zayn stare at us.

Paul walks in, food in his hands for us. He looks at the situation and sighs loudly.

"What happened?" Paul asks. Tara wriggles out from under me and stands next to me, her arms crossed tightly.

"Nothing. Can I go back to the bus?" Tara asks, her voice cold. I stare at her. What the hell is wrong? I think. I glance at Louis and see Josie is standing next to him, in the same stance as Tara. Paul nods his head and hands over the keys. Tara takes it and brushes past him.

"Bitch," Josie says coldly.

"Slut," Tara retorts. I watch Tara leave the room, slamming the door on her way out.

A/N:

Heylo! So, nothing too exciting about today. It's Demi Lovato's birthday, in case anyone is a fan of hers. Otherwise, that's really all.

I'm not sure what is going to happen with the updates. I'm going to try to publish a new chapter every other day, but I'm not sure how that will work out since school just started for me. So, it'll be interesting how this all plays out.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me. Thanks! Love ya!