Chapter 15: Dinner With Hunter

A/N: Heylo! So, I want to thank my good friend PurpleSpaceUnicorn11 for spamming me while I was working on my story! So thank you. Also, I won't be able to update much since I will be on Vaca! Sorry, but even authors need a break. Ok, that's it. Luv ya tons! Cya!

Tara's POV

I got ready for my date with Hunter. As I pushed my earrings in, I realized how much I actually liked Hunter. I mean, I never really thought of him as a boyfriend. He was just some guy who wanted help finding a job so he could take care of himself. George was nicer now that I was helping him, but he still gave me the heeby jeebies. Hunter always told me that he wouldn't hurt me as long as he was with me.

Josie obviously noticed the constant presence of two boys in our dorm room and instantly jumped to conclusions. She automatically shipped me with Hunter. Tunter? No. Hara? No, I think as I spin around, How about just Hunter and Tara? Yeah, I like that.

"Wow, Tara. Don't you just look all pertty?" Josie says, grinning from ear to ear. I smile just as wide as Josie inspects my entire outfit. "So, where are you guys going?"

"He's taking me to Trent Park for a picnic, and then he said he wanted to show me something," I say, picking up some lipstick. Why am I wearing makeup? I've never worn makeup for anyone other than my parents, why is Hunter making me feel like I need to look pretty, I think confused.

"Yeah. I'm really excited that Hunter asked me out," I say, smiling even more. I look at Josie and see that her smile has disappeared. I look at her funny, "What?"

"It's just...I didn't realize it was Hunter that you were going out with," Josie says quietly. I look at her with a confused look. "I just mean that I thought someone else had asked you out. But Hunter's a great guy. You guys are a great couple!"

I look at myself in the mirror, suddenly doubting if I should even go on this date. I sigh and look down. Just as I'm about to tell Josie that I don't want to go, my phone rings. I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, "Ok, I'll be right out."

I end the phone call and grab my purse. I look back at Josie and smile. She smiles back at me and yells good luck.

Josie's POV

I watch Tara run out the door. I walk over to the window and watch as she runs up to Hunter. She gives him a hug, and he hands her flowers. I sigh and sit down on my bed.

"This isn't right!" I shout. I shove my face in to my pillow and start to sob a little.

Ring! Ring!! RING!!!

"Ugh! I don't want to talk to anyone!" I scream as I look down at my phone. I see Louis' name and picture on my screen. My heart skips a beat as I press answer.

"Hello?" I say, as I hiccup.

"Josie? Are you okay? Have you been crying?" Louis asks on the other end. I take in a shaky breath and shake my head.

"N-n-no. Why?" I stutter. I smack my forehead as I realize how obvious it is I've been crying.

"Um, no reason," Louis says, obviously not believing me, "Anyway, is Tara doing anything tonight?"

"Yeah, she just left to go have a picnic with Hunter. I guess he finally asked her out," I say, my voice shaking even more now. The good thing about Louis, besides everything, is that I can actually talk to him. I've been telling him everything about Tara and Hunter and George. He's just one of those guys who actually care.