Chapter 28: 2 AM Shower

Josie's POV

I walk through the bus door after hearing Ted's announcement. I smile widely because, I mean, who doesn't want to work for One Direction? When I walk far enough in, I look around. I see Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall. Zayn is sitting on another couch with a girl I don't recognize.

"Well, this is lucky! We get to work with someone who we know and already like!" Liam says. He turns to the girl. "Isn't this great, Tara? Best friends working on the same crew! Well, sort of. Wait! Did you guys plan this?" I look at the girl and notice that it is Tara James. My body freezes as my mind reminds me of all the things Tara had said to me.

"All Thomas ever does is cheat on you!"

"Take him back, not a moment's thought."

"Bitch."

I admit, we both said things we shouldn't have. But that doesn't mean I'm not mad at her. She freakin dissed my boyfriend, dissed me, AND called me a bitch. So, yeah, I'm pissed at her. But part of me wants to run over to her and apologize for everything I said to her. I honestly miss my best friend but things were said. And I'm just not ready to forgive her; not yet at least.

Tara forces a laugh and smiles at me. I can tell it's fake, though. She's never been very good at hiding things, especially her emotions. I force a smile at her, but my eyes are shooting lasers at her.

"Um, ok," Niall says awkwardly. "Well, welcome aboard, Josie. Louise is a great person to work with." 

Tara looks down at her book and starts highlighting. I wonder how she's doing with that class, I think, I know that she really wants to get in....

"So, Josie, how have you been?" Harry asks, patting the seat next to him. I walk over to him and wedge myself between Harry and Louis. Harry smiles and puts his arm over my shoulder.

"I've been really good. Working on some new designs and studying for my entrance exam," I say.

"You have an entrance exam for a designing class? Wow, that's weird," Louis says. I laugh a little at this.

"No, I'm an aerospace engineer major," I say, turning my head to face him. He looks confused. "I basically design airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons, rocket ships. Basically anything that can fly and runs on fuel."

Louis looks a little less confused but not by much.

"Well, if you're an aerospace engineer major, what are doing designing clothes?" Liam asks. I turn to look at him.

"I need money for school, so I saw that you needed a new designer and applied. And then somehow I got the job," I say, giving them my best who-knew! look. They all laugh. I look at Niall, but he's staring at Zayn and Tara. I follow his gaze and find myself looking at Tara chewing on a pencil. I smile as I remember all our debates on whether or not that actually helps people remember things.

Tara looks up, and I quickly hide my smile. I turn away and continue talking to the boys.

"So, Josie. Are you excited to be spending the summer with ONE DIRECTION?" Louis asks, shouting 'One Direction' really loudly. I grin and nod my head.

"Well, duh!" I say, holding my hand up in a are-you-serious-right-now? look. The boys laugh.

"Have you met Louise yet?" Liam asks. I shake my head. I've heard of her, but I haven't officially met her. "Well, let me tell you a secret: if you bring her cookies, she will love you forever." I laugh.

"Oh! Especially peanut butter!" Harry adds. I nod my head, laughing quietly.

We continue talking about the people I'll be working with this summer. I'm excited to be designing clothes for One Direction, but I'm not happy that I'll have to spend the summer with Tara around.

She's such a downer! And she never wants to go out and do things. I basically had to bribe her to go on the dates I set up for her. All Tara ever wants to do is stay in bed and watch films. Every now and then it's okay but not all the time!

I look at Tara and words pop into my head.

Bitch

Slut

Whore

Friend

I shake my head. She's not your friend anymore! She said things that were totally uncalled for. Tara doesn't deserve a friend like you, I think.

I look down at my phone. It's almost midnight. I sigh and look up.

"Guys, I should get going. It's almost midnight, and I have to drive in the morning," I say. The boys nod there heads and say goodnight. I step out of the bus and start walking over to the bus. I open it, but before I get in, I stop. I turn around and look at the van. I look at the window and see Tara staring at me. My heart breaks. I've lost such an amazing friend over such stupid things. But I can't just forgive her. No, if she wants to be my friend again then she's going to have to apologize to me first. I'm not going to be the one who confesses that they were wrong.

I turn around, and I jump in. I find my stuff and go to my bed. I change my clothes and hop on the bed. I lay down, not really tired. I try to go to sleep, but I know I won't be sleeping tonight.

I grab my laptop and open up my online textbook. I open my physics book and start reading it, not really processing any of it.

I must've read the same page about four times before I accepted the fact that I wasn't going to be able to focus on anything. I sigh, and I get up. I go to the bathroom and turn on the shower.

A 2:00am shower helps every time, I think, At least, that's what she said...