Chapter 32: Tara Has a Boyfriend?

Niall's POV

I get fitted and dressed and do a few turns. Louise does my hair and makeup and then ushers me out the room.

When all of the boys are ready, we climb into our big black van and head to the studio for the photoshoot.

"Wait," Paul says, "Should we get Tara? Or at least tell her where we are going."

"I'll get her," I say, raising my hand a little. Louis smirks but says nothing.

"Okay. Can you drive yourself over then? We don't have any room if she does come," Paul says, looking in the rear view mirror. I nod my head, climb out the van, and walk over to the bus. I open the door and hear soft sniffles coming from the back. I pull back the curtain separating the two rooms. In the top bunk in the very far left corner, Tara is sitting with her back to me, crying softly. I know that she doesn't want me to see this, so I back up and make a loud noise.

"Dammit," I curse, trying to make it sound like something fell on me. I stand up straight and notice that Tara's sniffles have stopped. She knows I'm here; I can come in, I think.

I walk down the narrow pathway to the curtain. Tara's breathing is barely audible.

"Blueberry? You okay?" I ask softly. I hear Tara sniffle but her voice sounds strong.

"Yeah," she says, "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

I walk over to her bed, her back still facing me. She turns around and tries to smile. I look at her blue eyes and frown.

"You're not okay. What's wrong?" I push. She sighs and looks down.

"Nothing is wrong," Tara insists. She crawls over to the edge and jumps down. She winces but stands up straight. I watch as she walks to the living area. I follow her until she stops at the kitchen sink and gets a drink of water. Avoiding my concern filled eyes, she turns to go to the couch.

"Okay," I finally say, realizing she's not going to tell me no matter what. "Then do you want to come to the studio? We're all going, and everyone would love it if you came with us."

"Um, I'm not sure that's a good idea," Tara says slowly. I stare at her, frustrated that she won't elaborate much.

"Why not?" I ask, trying to appear calm.

"I'm just not, um, feeling well right now. I mean, I am on my special time," Tara says. I let out a sigh, knowing full well that this excuse is a valid one. But, let's be honest, it's not the truth. I look at Tara and can tell she's just begging me to let her stay here. I look down, trying to decide between making her come and have fun with us or staying here and crying some more.

"I'll be right back," Tara says, looking down at her phone. I glance over and see three words.

I love you.

My heart sinks, and I look away. Tara gets up and walks to the back. I don't know what to do.

Who could be saying "I love you" to Tara? I know it's not her parents because it would've said Mom or Dad. And it's not her sister or brother. No, the name was there and it's an idiot that's not me. An idiot who has stolen Tara from me, I think sadly. But why should I care? I don't like her that way. She's an amazing girl, but I don't think of her as a girlfriend. Or a sister.

So what is she?

I pull out my phone and open it. I tap the iMessage icon and tap on our group chat.

Niall: I need help!

Louis: What's up, mate?

Niall: Tara got a text from a guy named Hunter