Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

Tara's POV

I wake up at 9:00AM in my bedroom at my apartment. My third year of Uni is about to start. I'm excited because the sooner I finish schooling, the sooner I can go to work and travel with One Direction and see new places. And, of course, be with Niall!

Niall has been my boyfriend for over a year. We don't see each other much, but we've hung in there. I know that most people say that long-distance relationships never work out and that they are the reason for lots of break ups, but Niall and I aren't just any couple you meet. We're met for each other and are determined to stay together until the day we die.

SIX HOURS LATER

Niall: Guess what today is!

Tara: YOU'RE COMING HOME TODAY!!!

Niall: No, it's National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Duh, Tara. Don't you know anything? ;) <3 ;)

Tara: Shaddup :D

Niall: :* :* :*

Niall: Anyway, I'll be coming over to pick you up at 7:30 sharp. Be ready.

Niall: And wear the shortest dress possible. I wanna see you're beautiful legs!

Tara: No way am I wearing a dress much less a short one! You've seen the scars. Ugh! Too ugly!

Tara: Sorry, Nialler, not going to happen

Niall: Then we're not going to The Northall

Tara: WHAT! Fine! I'll wear a dress. But you've been warned. It's not going to be pretty.

I turn off the tele and walk to my bedroom to look through my closet. I pick through all of the shirts and dresses I have hanging up. Nothing seems fancy enough for The Northall. I mean, that place is, like, the fanciest place I've ever been to. But, to Niall, I'm sure it seems childish and not fancy at all. But, Niall is a good boyfriend and knows that I don't like being overwhelmed by the crazy life he lives. No, he lives his famous and insane life whilst I live my simple and humdrum life here in London.

Finally, I decide on a black dress with a lacy half-shoulder thing. I pair that with some black heels. My make up simple: red lipstick, eyeliner, mascara, and a little bit of blush. I look in the floor-length mirror and smile at myself. Whilst, yes, the scars from the Accident. That night still gives me nightmares. It's sad knowing that I'll never be able to have my own children, but that is a small price to pay if it means I can live and raise children that other people would rather give up. It's the best compromise anyone could ever offer.

ABOUT THREE HOURS LATER

I sit down on my couch as I wait for Niall to come and pick me up for dinner. My nerves are going crazy as I think about seeing Niall for the first time in over year. I wonder if he's changed? What if he isn't the same Niall I fell in love with all those months ago? What if all he wants from me now is to get in my pants? I should probably cancel. I could tell him I feel like I could throw up. He'd believe me. No! No, Tara. You are going on this date whether you like it or not! Well, obviously, I don't like it, but I've been so excited for this night. And, you'll never know the truth if you chicken out now! I think. My brain begins to hurt as my thoughts scream in my head, demanding attention. I groan and stand up, heading to the bathroom to grab an Advil before Niall can get here.

Niall's POV

I pull up to the flower shop a few minutes away from Tara's flat complex. I look at all the flowers that are hanging in pots connected to the ceiling.