Chapter 33: What Are You Doing To Me?

Tara's POV

I run into the hotel and search my pockets for my room key. I pull it out and open the door. I slam the door shut and crash on the bed.

I lay, face down, just thinking about everything that's going wrong in my life. First, Josie and I argue and make things even worse! Second, my dad calls and tells me I should come home instead of go on tour. And, to top everything off, Hunter replies. I look down at my phone, ready to throw it at a wall. I notice that Hunter has, again, texted me.

Hunter: I'm glad everything has worked out well, babe >:-}

I read the text over and over again.

"NOTHING HAS WORKED OUT WELL!" I shout, throwing my phone across the room. I watch as it flys across the room, hitting the wall hard. I hear a loud crack, but I ignore it and fall on to my pillow.

I lay there, sniffling so hard it hurts my throat.

Finally, I feel my eyelids go heavy. And suddenly the world goes dark and my mind slips into an aimless slumber.

SIX HOURS LATER

I wake up, my head hurting badly. The world starts to tilt a little as I try to stand up. I finally straighten up and grope the walls as I walk over to the bathroom. I find the shower and turn it on.

Once I'm finished, I step out and put on the clothes I had on before since I can't find my suitcase. I brush my hair with the complimentary comb and brush my teeth with my finger and some toothpaste I found. I know, gross, but it's all I got right now.

I walk out to the bed area and sit down on it. My head hurts less but still noticeably annoying. I try to think of what I should do. I could go to the bus, get some clothes, eat, and then talk to the boys. Or I could stay here, watch the tele since I don't have my laptop, and just avoid the boys. I try the tele, but I don't find anything. I lay down on my back and stare at the ceiling. If I really wanted to, I could go in, just grab my laptop, and get out. But the boys are surely back by now, and I know that if I go in the bus, I'll be caught and interrogated.

I sit up and look around the room for my phone. Then, I remember that I had thrown it at the wall. I get up and walk the perimeter. I spot it, screen down, and pick it up.

"Ah shit," I say aloud. I stare at the totally cracked screen. The home button is halfway off, and the screen's glass is chipped and missing at some parts. I stare at my even crappier iPhone 4. I mean, yeah it was bad before. But now it's really crappy. And I can't just get a new one, I'm not getting paid this summer, so I'm stuck with this. I sigh and stand up straight. I walk to the door and reluctantly open it. I look down the hallway to make sure no one is here. Luckily, no one is out at 10:30 at night. I don't blame them, either. I'd love to be asleep, but I can't since I just slept for six straight hours.

I quietly creep down the hallway until I make my way to the stairs. The lift has a couple of the make up people, and I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone so I walk down the steps until I'm at the lobby floor. I open the door leading to the the front desk and walk to the big, double doors. I look outside before I open it. I can't see much, but I can see the boys' bus lights are on; meaning the boys are still awake. I grumble some curse words but push on because I really need some new clothes and my laptop.

I get to the bus door and look up at it. I try to breath normal, but, honestly, how can I when I'm about to be bombarded with questions I don't want to answer? I shake my head and open the door.

I'm momentarily blinded by the light. I blink a few times to clear my vision. Once my vision is normal again, I am faced with five boys staring at me. Now, a normal girl would be thrilled that five extremely hot and extremely famous guys are staring at her; however, I am not normal. No, I'm Tara James, the most awkward girl God created. I actually wonder whether or not God put me here as a joke or something. Like he was thinking, "I just made five perfect guys, so I'll make a messed up girl and have her join them. Then I'll make sure her world flips upside down and have everything wrong happen to her. Yeah, that sounds like fun!"

"Hey," I say slowly. I glance at each of their faces and then back to the ground. "I'm just gonna grab my la-"

"Where have you been!" Louis demands loudly. His face shows concern, every one of the boys' face is a mix of concern and anger.

"I, uh, fell asleep in the hotel room," I say, pointing behind my back towards the hotel. Liam gets up and walks over to me.

"I think we should talk," Liam says, "And I think the rest of us agree."

He gestures to the boys, and they all nod their heads. I look at Liam in the eye and can tell his actions are genuine. But I can't bring myself to talk about today. I mean, today has been an absolute bust. Nothing about today has a bright side.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'm fine. I really just need some clothes and my laptop," I say, slipping past Liam. He trails me with his eyes. Harry gets up and follows me to the back. He leaves the curtain open so all the guys can hear our conversation.

"Tara, we need to know what happened. I know that you're not fine. If you were fine, you'd be talking and smiling like you always are," Harry says. I glance at him, but quickly turn away and start grabbing pajamas. I swipe a few pads when Harry is looking behind him at the boys and hide them. I turn back to Harry.

"Harry. I'm fine. I just don't feel good. I've got cramps and a headache. I just want to go to bed," I say. This is somewhat true. I do have a headache and cramps, but I already know that I won't be able to sleep tonight. I move past him and meet the gaze of the four other boys.

"I'm sleeping in the hotel. I'll be out in the morning."

I walk out the door. I stop once the door closes behind me. If I had to be honest, I'd say that I really wanted someone to come out the door and follow me until I told them everything that is wrong in my life right now. But I know that that won't happen. So I start walking back to the hotel, back to my room, back to my solitary life.

Niall's POV

I watch Tara leave the bus. I look at my lap, the paper in my hand. I feel my heart twist inside of me as I read the words I had written.

Tara, I think, what are you doing to me?

A/N:

Heylo! Okay, so I'm really sorry but this is a filler. The next chapter is going to be extremely exciting, at least I hope.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! That's all, love ya!