Chapter 44: My Red Headed Girl

Liam's POV

Tara leaves the flat with just a simple nod. I can't believe she's still with Hunter. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I mean, I've never even met the guy. Maybe he's not as bad as she's telling us. Girls exaggerate all the time. Right? I think. I take in a deep breath and sit down next to Zayn. I glance at him and see that he's got the same thoughtful look on his face.

"We have to go after her," I say. "We have to make sure this Hunter guy doesn't hurt Tara."

"No," Zayn says, standing up. I look at him, disbelief washing over me.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"I mean, I'm not going with you," Zayn says. He saunters over to his bedroom door and stops. "She made it very clear that she doesn't want us involved. So, we shouldn't chase after her."

Zayn opens his door and walks in. I stare at his door for what feels like forever.

Niall's POV

I walk into the living area to find Liam in a daze. The room is quiet and there is barely any light. Liam's breathing is the only thing I can hear.

Liv comes up behind me and starts rubbing my back. I try to shake her off, but she just continues.

I walk over to Liam and put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me, hope filling his eyes. He doesn't say anything, which scares me even more. The wheels are spinning in Liam's head so fast that I swear I see smoke coming out of it. Liam abruptly stands up and grabs my wrist. He pulls me over to the kitchen where Louis is eating a slice of pizza. Liv comes up behind us.

"Liam, what's going on?" Liv asks cautiously. I glance back at her, shrugging my shoulders. I don't even know what's happening, and Liam's still holding onto my wrist like he thinks I'm going to make a run for it.

"Lou, get the keys. We have to leave," Liam says, looking over at me, "now."

Louis looks between the two of us, shrugs, and grabs his keys.

"I'm coming with you guys," Liv says, turning around to get her things.

"No," Liam says sternly. Liv stops and spins to look at him. She crosses her arms like she's ready for a fight.

"What do you mean? Why can't I come?" Liv asks bitterly. My eyes go wide as I realize that she's sassing Liam.

"You're not coming," Liam replies simply.

"I am too coming! And there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

Liv stomps her foot. Liam is about to say something back when Louis jumps in front of him.

"Mate, if you want to leave soon, stop arguing and let her come," Louis says. I let out a sigh of relief when Liam nods his head. Liv smirks and grabs her purse and phone.

"What about Zayn and Harry?" I ask. Liam shakes his head and walks over to the door. He throws it open and quickly leaves. I glance at Louis but he just shrugs. Liv comes up to me, grabs my hand, and pulls me to the door.

"Yea! It's about time we have an adventure," Liv says happily.

We get to the van and Louis jumps in. Louis starts the van and pulls out the lot. I see Liam frantically look out the window like he's looking for someone.

"So, do you wanna tell me what we're doing?" I ask, leaning forward so I can see Liam. He glances at me but quickly returns to looking out the window.

"Do you wanna tell me where we're going?" Louis asks, glancing in the rear view mirror.

"Turn here!" Liam shouts. Louis makes a sharp turn that causes us all to hold our breathes. I tap Liam's shoulder and raise my eyebrows.

"Tara is out with Hunter tonight, and I've got a bad feeling about it. She told me not to get involved but I have to. Something isn't right," Liam explains. I scrunch my eyebrows up. I remember that name. Tara had mentioned him earlier. But, who is he? I think, He must be her boyfriend if she's out with him this late.

"So, Tara is dating a guy named Hunter?" I ask. Liv nudges me in the side with her bony elbow, but I just ignore her. I admit, it hurts knowing that she's seeing someone that isn't me. But, can I blame her? No. I can't. You know why? Because I'm supposedly dating a girl who I don't even know, much less like.

"Yeah," Liam says distracted. He tells Louis to turn right and then gasps. Liam points to a rundown building. The place looks like it sells bait or something along that line. The smell makes me want to barf and the appearance only encourages the vomit. Louis pulls up to the shack and parks. We sit in the car, trying hard not to breath, and look at the place.

"Fish N Stuff," Louis reads. "Huh."

"Interesting date choice," I say.

I shake my head and open the door. I step outside and double over as I stupidly take a deep breath through my nose. Liv comes up to me and starts rubbing my back. I smack her hand away and stand up straight. Liam comes over to us, not fazed at all.

"Let's go," Liam directs. He points to the door, and we walk right in to a smelly adventure.

The second I enter the shack, my nose stops working. The smell is so overpowering, you don't even want to breath through your mouth. You can taste the smell of the molding fish and stale, old beer. I look around me to discover that it is a diner of some sort. A very musty, out-of-business diner. Gee, I wonder why this place isn't in business anymore, I think sarcastically.

"Remind me never to take you on a date here, Liv," I say. I make a face as I eye the seats of the booths. Liv nods her head like she's saying, "Don't you even joke about it."

Liam ventures further back in the diner and rings a little counter bell. He rings it a few more times when no one comes to help us. Louis looks over at me.

"What is this place?" Louis asks quietly. I shrug my shoulders, totally confused as to where we are. I look back at Liam and see that he's hopping the counter and walking in to the kitchen. I hear him yell 'hello' a few times, but no one responds. Liv comes up next to me and grabs hold of my arm. I don't try shaking her off this time because, honestly, this place is just plain freaky.

Liam comes back empty handed. I sigh and shake my head.

"Liam, let's go. I'm sure she's fine," I say, not even convincing myself. I really am worried about whether or not Tara is okay. I mean, her freakin boyfriend took her to an abandoned diner that smells like dead fish and drunken old men.

"No. Tara's here and she's in trouble," Liam insists.

Just as I'm about to argue back, a scream rings through the air. Everyone spins around to the front door and makes a mad dash to find whoever screamed.

We run around the building to the back. The fact that the smell only got worse is the last thing that comes to mind. Instead, it goes totally blank as I see a man swoop up a red headed girl.

My red headed girl.

A/N:

Heylo! Okay, so I'm updating tonight instead of tomorrow because This_is_Jiberbot  and Wing1t  begged me to update now. So, my next update won't be until Sunday evening/night. Don't blame me, blame them.

Haha, jk! I love them to pieces so go easy on them. They're just a little...crazy. A little!

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!

P.S. This story has 1K views and 73 votes! I never expected that, especially after only four months of this story being up! Thank you so much! You guys are awesome and amazing and #Directioner4lyfe!

P.P.S. The picture is sort of what I thought the boys would look like when they saw Tara and Hunter together. Not totally, but I did my best. I never realized how much they smile! Haha, I guess that's just another reason to love them!