Chapter 24: Hunter

Tara's POV

I wake up to a text from Hunter.

Hunter: Skype me. Now.

I look at the text, confused at what can be so urgent to need 'now' at the end of the text. I sigh, but I sign on to Skype. I immediately see Hunter's name. I click Call and wait.

Hunter answers the call instantly. I smile widely until I see his expression. I frown.

"Hunter, is everything okay?" I ask. He glares at me. I look around the room he's in. It's pink with a zebra lamp on a nightstand. I see a stuffed teddy bear with the name Olivia stitched in pink on its stomach.

"Why did you call me?" Hunter asks angrily. I give him a confused look.

"You told me to call you. 'Now'," I say, mocking his text. I smile as I try to joke around with him. His angry eyes don't even falter at the bad joke.

"Yeah, well, I sent that about ten hours ago."

"Oh! I just woke up! See, it's 9:00am here which means it's 4:00pm there," I explain, everything making sense.

"When I text you, I expect an answer!" Hunter barks. I flinch at his harsh words. What is going on with him? I've never seen him like this. He's normally so sweet and polite towards me. Hunter's always been a gentleman. Why is he suddenly acting different?

"I'm sorry! But when you texted me, I was asleep!"

"Just forget it. Okay?"

"Hunter, what's going on!?"

"NOTHING!" Hunter shouts. I have tears falling down my face. I'm about to tell him that I want to help him when a girl appears on the screen.

"Honeysuckle, when will you be done talking?" The girl asks, her voice slurred and soft. Hunter looks at her, his eyes hungry. My face goes into complete disgust as the girl, I'm guessing Olivia, climbs on top of Hunter. All I can see is her red, lace underwear and bra straps. She starts kissing Hunter like he's the last person she'll ever kiss. I feel my body get warm and my head starts to go into overload.

"Hunter!" I scream, tears of anger falling. Hunter, however, ignores me. He just keeps kissing her neck. And soon enough he's kissing her entire body. She moans as he sucks her neck. I want to turn the computer off, but I can't. I don't know why but something is holding me from being able to.

"Hunter," I whisper. He finally looks at me, his eyes glazed over.

"We're through, babe. In case you didn't already know," Hunter slurs. I shake my head, but he smiles evilly and starts kissing Olivia again. This time, though, he makes sure that he hits every sweet part of her. I burst in to tears, finally turning my computer off.

I cry and cry and cry. Hunter was my only true boyfriend. All the others don't count; we were like twelve. Hunter made me feel special. No one has ever been able to do that to me. I trusted Hunter to keep me safe and not break my heart. Why? I really don't know. Maybe it was 'cause he seemed so sweet and promising when we first started going out. The second he got that letter from the States, he started acting weirdly. And this is just one example.

I don't know what to do. I can't move. It's like my whole body has shut down except my mind. My mind has decided to mock my stupidity by replaying all the great memories with Hunter. All the walks in the parks, all the dinners at too fancy restaurants, all the movie nights where we watched Disney movies instead of movies made for our age. All the perfect moments when Hunter became the only thing that mattered in the world. Everything disappeared when Hunter was around. He made me feel like I was the only thing in the world that could do anything important. Like I was some sort of special person. But I'm not. And Hunter's not the great guy I thought he was.

But what if he is? What if this is some horrible dream? I pinch myself but nothing happens. This is reality. And Hunter is really gone. What am I supposed to do now?

A/N:

Heylo! So here is the other update! Anyway, that's it. I'm really tired right now.

If you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! Love ya!