Chapter 45: Liv Could Be the One

Niall's POV

I want to run over to the guy and beat his stupid arse but I can't. I physically can't move. My legs are glued to the ground and my eyes are glued on the only person I have ever truly liked. The only girl who has made me feel like I'm slowly breaking and then fix me with a simple laugh. The only girl I have ever dreamt about. And to see her being chased by another guy just rips my heart out of my chest and stabbed million times.

Louis comes up to me, puts a hand on my shoulder, and sighs loudly.

"Come on, mate," Louis says softly. "She's perfectly safe."

Louis pulls me back and guides me to the van. I absentmindedly hop in and take a seat. Liv comes in next to me and leans her head on my shoulder. She closes her eyes and quickly falls asleep. I look down at her, finally seeing how beautiful she really is. I've always known that she is pretty, but maybe I just never truly noticed because I've been so focused on Tara the entire time. Maybe I can love Liv, and maybe I can make a real relationship with her.

Liv's hair falls in front of her sleeping face, so I move it away. My hand runs through her soft blonde curls. I start playing with her hair, smiling down at her. Liv has been doing so much more than regular fake girlfriends do. Maybe she has the same feelings as I do for Tara but for me, I think. I continue running this thought through my head. I wonder about us dating for real as I play with her hair.

The ride goes uneventful. When we get back to the flat, I carry Liv up to our room. I take off her shoes and help her get in her pajamas. Liv climbs into bed and lays down. I smile at her, tuck her in, and kiss her forehead. I walk to the door and stop.

"Goodnight, Liv. Sweet dreams," I whisper.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

Sitting in the living area with popcorn and the Avengers playing on the tele usually makes me feel great. But I can't focus on anything but Liv. What if I do have feelings for her, what do I do about Tara? I ask myself, You forget about Tara and date Liv. I shake my head and pick up my water. I take a drink and look back at the screen.

"Okay, mate. What's up?" Louis asks. Liam and Harry look over at me, their faces showing instant concern. I take a deep breath and look at each of them.

"I think I like Liv," I say simply.

"Y-you don't mean, like, like like, right?" Louis asks suddenly shaking slightly. I nod my head.

"When did this happen?" Harry asks. He leans forward and looks at me. I shake my head and shrug.

"I-I really don't know. But, tonight, when Liv fell asleep on my shoulder, something felt different. I realized that I like her enough to actually date. Like, for real," I explain. Louis shakes his head crazily.

"No! No, you can't like Liv. You like-" Louis says, but Liam smacks his hand over Louis' mouth before he can finish.

"I like who?" I ask curiously. I look at Liam and Louis. Liam's eyes beg me not to ask anymore, but Louis' face tells me that I have to.

"Who?" I press on. Liam lets out a little Yelp and pulls his hand away. He starts rubbing his palm so I assume Louis bit it.

"Tara!" Louis says like it's obvious. My eyes go wide and my jaw drops slightly. The room goes dead silent.

"What?" I breath. How could Louis know that I liked Tara? I don't remember telling anyone.

As I'm about to ask how he knew, the door opens and in walks a giddy Tara. She strolls over to us happily. I stare at her. She looks beautiful, as usual. Stop that, Niall! I scold myself. I clench my teeth and force myself to look away.