Chapter 25: Moving Day

TWO MONTHS LATER

Tara's POV

I pack the rest of my things into the last bin. I seriously can't believe that I've officially finished my first year of college. The worst part is over; for now at least.

I look around the basically empty room. I look over at Catey's side. I start picturing Josie's things instead of Catey's awful posters and creepy music she plays when she's studying. I think about Josie. I haven't talked to her in so long. I admit, I miss her. A lot. A lot more than I should considering she basically flicked my boyfriend off. I'm sad that we haven't made up yet, but I don't think I can forgive her.

She never liked Hunter from the get go. I could tell because she always left when him and George came over. George took an interest in her, but Josie hardly said hello. I tried to get her to be nice, and sometimes she was, but she normally just ignored them. I feel bad for George since he's a really sweet guy. He's just had a bad past.

I carry my last bin out to my car and shove it in. The boys and I are going to meet up with me at my new apartment. I had decided I was going to stay in London for the summer, but that changed after Niall offered me a job

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

I walk over to the receptionist.

"Hi!" I say, smiling, "I'm Tara James. I'm supposed to be checking in today." The man looks at me up and down.

"And how old are you, Ms James?" he says. I scrunch up my eyebrows, confused as to why he's asking.

"Um, I'm nineteen. I'll be twenty in August," I say. I stare at the man, and he stares at me. Just then, the door burst open and five loud boys walk in.

"TARA!" Louis yells across the lobby. I blush and turn around.

"Hey, Louis," I say, giving him a hug. I give each boy a hug, and then turn my attention back to the man.

"So, can I check in yet or not," I ask the man, losing my patience quickly.

"Mm, well. I'm very skeptical as to whether or not you really are nineteen. You look very young," the man says slowly. I narrow my eyes. What does that mean?

"Can she show you her ID?" Niall asks. I kick myself for not thinking of that earlier.

"I suppose," the man says, crossing his arms. I take out my drivers license and then my Uni ID. I hand the man the cards, and he looks at them.

"Very well. Here are your keys," the man says sounding extremely bored. He finally hands me my keys, and I glare at him.

I turn away and start walking towards the lift. I don't even bother thanking the man. Harry comes up next to me and hands me my IDs. I take them from him.

"Oh! Thanks, Harry," I say. I click the button and turn to face Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Niall all holding a bin from my car.

"How'd you get in my car?" I ask. Louis holds up my keys. My eyes go wide, and I drop the box I'm holding. I search through my purse, only to find a ring with five house keys. I look at Louis.

"Those are keys to get into our flats whenever you want to!" Louis says proudly. I laugh a little at this.

"Thanks, but I doubt I'll be going over to your flats much," I say. I quietly whisper "I'm too ugly to be around you guys." I turn around when I hear the lift bing. I quickly walk in and press number 3. We wait for the lift to get to the floor, and we all file out. I walk down the hallway and find room 398. I let out a sigh and unlock the door. I walk in, and I'm instantly amazed. I had found the room online, and it looked really nice. But the website said that it hasn't been updated in over three years. So, it was kind of hard to tell if the apartment was actually going to look good or not.

"Nice place," Liam says.

"Yeah, it's a great place," I say. I set my box down, and go down a hallway. There's the main bedroom, a spare bedroom, a bathroom, and a smaller room that is probably an office room. I run back to the boys and start looking through the boxes they had brought up. I find the one with all of my sound equipment and pick it up. I start to teeter a little, and Niall runs over to help me.

"Niall, I can handle it," I say trying to walk down the hallway. Niall laughs as I almost fall and drop everything.

"No, you can't, Blueberry," Niall says, taking the box from me easily. I frown, but I get up and follow him down to the office room. Niall sets the box down and looks around the room. I look around with him, it is painted a light shade of purple and has butterflies and flowers along the bottom. I smile as I realize how cute it is.

Zayn walks in and looks around the room. He looks around the walls, and I see his face fall to a sad frown. He looks away and turns to me.

"Liam and Louis are getting the rest of your boxes. And then we are going to talk to you about everything that you need to know," Zayn says, his expression still a little sad. I nod my head, and I usher the two boys out of the room.

We get in the living area right as Liam and Louis get back.

"Okie dokie, T," Louis says, setting down his two boxes, "That's everything. I grabbed your backpack in case you wanted it." He hands me my backpack, and then takes a seat. I tell the boys that I will be right back. I walk into my new room and open my suitcase. I shift through the clothes I have until I find exactly what I want.

Niall's POV

I take a seat next to Louis. He's texting someone, probably Eleanor. I smile, but it falls as I realize that I may never find my princess.

"So, lads," Liam starts, "we are going to be having a new lady on the team, so we need to remember to be nice and polite."

"Ha! That's not even possible, Li," Harry says cheekily, his eyes have a mischievous glaze over them. I chuckle a little and stare at the blank tele. Liam keeps talking, but I tune him out.

What if I never find my princess. I mean, it's either I find a girl I actually like, or I get a fake girlfriend. Management is getting worried that I may not be straight just because I haven't had a girlfriend since the X Factor. I don't want a fake girlfriend! If I get one, I'll have to hold her hand, kiss her, do everything a boyfriend does for their girlfriend TO SOMEONE I DON'T CARE FOR! I want to find my princess, and I have to keep my options open until I do. But until that happens, I'm stuck with finding a random girl who doesn't annoy the shit out of me, I think. I start to get angry with myself for not being better at chatting up girls.

Suddenly, I hear someone wolf whistle. I look up and see Tara. She's wearing dark skinny jeans, a white flowy top, and a grey knitted sweater. Her hair is straight down but there's a pin holding one side back. The wolf whistle was a quiet one, but I know that Tara could hear it. I see her face turn pink and she looks down. Tara sits down on the couch opposite of me so I have a perfect view of her.

A/N:

Heylo! HAPPY FRESH BREATH DAY! I hope all of you are brushing your beautiful teeth and keeping them healthy! Any who, how are you? I'm pretty good right now. I mean, I got to spend the whole day with my friends. They forced me to go to a crazy place filled with death traps that throw your body at unnatural speeds and take all of your money for simple things like good water and food. This soon-to-be-graveyard some people like is known as Six Flags. It was horrible, yet awesome all at once.

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me. Thanks! Love ya!