Chapter 47: Fireproof

Tara's POV

I wake up to the sound of people rushing around. I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. The room quickly gets quiet. I open my eyes completely to find all the boys standing statue still.

"I'm awake, guys. You can move again," I say, cracking a smile at them. They all let out a collective breath and instantly return to rushing around. Liam calls out to Louis to get him socks, Harry hops around trying to get a shoe on, Niall runs around the room looking for a shirt with an apple in his mouth. It's complete chaos. I laugh as I watch them all run around like they're chickens with their heads chopped off.

I stand up and stretch. I laugh as I hear myself involuntarily make the baby dinosaur noise that comes with stretching in the morning. I put my arms down and walk to the kitchen. I bump into Liv who is carrying a plate with about four strawberries and half an apple on her plate. How is that filling? I ask myself. I look at her, laughing as I realize she's a stick. She doesn't need anything. She doesn't have any muscles!

I move past her, but trip over her foot. She laughs as I hit the ground. I manage to catch myself, but I still feel the pain in my wrist.

"Gee, thanks, Liv. I really do love falling on my face right after I wake up," I say sarcastically. Liv just keeps laughing and starts walking to the living area. I pick myself up and walk to the fridge. I grab the milk and some cinnamon toast crunch. I pour myself a bowl, grab a spoon, and walk to the living area. I take a seat on the couch I spent the night on. The pillow I used serves as a tray of some sort whilst my blanket keeps my feet warm. Even though it's early July and we're in San Diego, I still manage to get cold often.

I finish my cereal and slurp up my milk right as the boys announce they are leaving. Liv stands up and walks to our room. I hear the shower come on. The room grows too quiet for my liking so I turn on the tele.

"Bingo!" I say to myself, smiling like a little kid. I click on SpongeBob SquarePants and sit back to relax.

After a few episodes of the hilarious show about a sponge and a sea star, Liv comes out in a white, strapless shirt and black skinny jeans. She has her hair curled and her makeup dark. Liv slips on some black high heels and makes her way to the door. I look at her bracelets as she searches the closet for her jacket.

"That's my bracelet!" I say, standing up quickly. Liv slowly turns to face me. I run over to her and grab her wrist. I instantly recognize the simple three charms on the plain leather rope. Liv pulls away and glares down at me.

"Well, it's mine now," Liv says bitterly. I shake my head.

"Liv! You can't just take my things! That bracelet is important to me. It's the only thing of my mum's that I have!" I say. Liv senses my discomfort and smirks and crosses her arms.

"Awe! Does Tara miss her mummy?" Liv asks sweetly. I shake my head in disbelief.

"Yeah, I do! Which is why I want it back," I demand. Liv just shakes her head, a bored expression taking over her face.

"No," Liv drawls, "I think I'm going to keep it."

My jaw drops. How can she be so coldhearted that she can't see that that bracelet is the most important thing I own? Is it possible that she doesn't even have a heart? Because, if that's possible, Liv definitely does not have one. Liv is too cruel and evil and ugh! She was already on my blacklist form earlier, but now, now she's dead to me. Now, I want her to die a long and painful death. I shake my head as the horrible thoughts run through my head. I'm not that kind of person.

Liv stares down at me, smirks, and turns to leave. She throws the door open and takes in a deep breath.

"Well, later, bitch," Liv says sweetly. I make a face behind her and practically close the door on her.