How to: Whiter Teeth

Most girls are really picky about how their teeth look (a

Most girls are really picky about how their teeth look (a.k.a. me) and they just want them to be as white as they can. Of course there are teeth whitening strips, but sometimes a parent or the issue of money can get in the way of using those. So here's a few natural remedies for trying to achieve those pearly whites.

Before we get started though, you need to understand that these remedies aren't going to make your teeth instantly white, and it'll take repetition and routine to make your teeth appear whiter, it's what comes with it being a natural thing to do.

~Eat Strawberries~
Supposedly there's an enzyme and Vitamin C that'll work together to naturally whiten your teeth a tad bit, if you want to go the extra mile, you can search a DIY strawberry paste that could potentially be more effective.

~Floss Your Teeth~
I know, I know, flossing your teeth isn't going to whiten your teeth specifically, but it will white the sides of your teeth, so that's a plus.

~Eat Crunchy Fruits or Veggies~
Apples, celery, and carrots simply help your teeth from when you're chewing them, it'll get rid of excess food and bacteria in your mouth while the natural (and healthy) acids in the fruit will help whiten your teeth for a brighter smile.

~Baking Soda with Lemon Juice Paste~
I'll just give the recipe instructions for this one.

1. Mix several teaspoons of baking soda with enough fresh lemon juice (or water) to make a paste.

2. Wipe your teeth and any extra saliva off of them with a paper towel.

3. Put a good amount of paste onto your toothbrush and apply.

4. Leave the paste on for 1 minute, then rinse, so as to avoid the acid effecting enamel.

~Oil Pulling~
This sounds absolutely crazy, and I understand that. It's just that so many people swear it works so I guess it would be worth a shot. What you would do is take some coconut oil (about a tablespoon or a little less) and either before or after you brush your teeth you put it in your mouth and swish, push, and "pull" it through and around your teeth. Apparently you're also supposed to do it for 10-15 minutes, so I would suggest that you do it for that amount of time.

Question of the Chapter:
What's your favorite season?

My Answer:
Winter, I love Christmas and the cold weather.