How to: Blogging

So, you want to start a blog, huh? Well, it's gonna be a little complicated, but that's just going to be the dedication you'll need for it, other than that, it should be easier than you're thinking

So, you want to start a blog, huh? Well, it's gonna be a little complicated, but that's just going to be the dedication you'll need for it, other than that, it should be easier than you're thinking. Here's a few tips to help you guys out!

1. Decide What You Want to Blog About
This one might be simple if you already know what you want your blog to be about, if not, it might be a bit complicated. You should be blogging about something you enjoy, if you don't enjoy it, why would you want to write about it?

Also, choose something you know a lot about. If you're going to make a blog about photography, you wouldn't be the first person to have done so. So it has to be something you know a lot about, and something that you could make different from all the other blogs similar to it out there.

2. Choose Your Platform
So now that you've figured out what you want your blog to be about you need to find a platform to put your blog up on. Personally, I use Wordpress, but there are many others out there. (Wix, Weebly, etc.)

3. If You'd Like, Find a Host
Ok, personally, I haven't done this one because I don't take my own blog seriously. I'm not trying to become web-famous from my blog, therefore I don't need to pay for a server to put my blog out there.

A host will put your website out there on the internet so others can find it without putting in your direct link, but you have to pay for one. (Bluehost is a good one.)

4. Choose Your Domain Name
This one might be tricky. Make sure you choose something that will be easy for viewers to remember and that it pertains to what you're blog is about. (Unless it's your name, which is an easy way to choose both your blog name and your domain name.)

On a side note, most people assume everything is .com, so it's best to choose .com whenever possible. (It costs money though, so I'd recommend only getting the .com once you've been on your blog for a while, to know you'll take it seriously.)

5. Design Your Blog
This one is probably the best part. This is where you can choose what type of blog style you'd like. Normally the platform you're using will have themes available for you to choose, and sometimes you can customize them a bit.

Other than that, you might have to pay for certain themes or to be able to freely customize.

6. Blog!
In other words, get busy and stay active!

Question of the Chapter:
Do you have / want a blog?

My Answer:
I do have a blog (link is in my bio ;) ) but I literally never use it, I gave up on it forever ago. I should actually probably take it down, but for some reason I'm really attached to it, so I don't know.