5.4

4; the one where Joey and Alycia find out.

"Hey, guess what I'll be doing this weekend", Monica starts when she's walking out of her bedroom to meet her friends eating in the kitchen

"Hey, guess what I'll be doing this weekend", Monica starts when she's walking out of her bedroom to meet her friends eating in the kitchen. "I'm going to this culinary fair in Jersey".

"How weird. Chandler just told us he got a conference there", Phoebe replied.

"Wow. It seems like Chandler's conference could've been in Connecticut or Vermont", Monica points out, smiling.

"I'm not in charge of where the conference is held", he simply replied. "You want people to think it's a fake conference? It's real".

Alycia thought her friends were acting really wierd, but her friends are always acting weird so that's really nothing she should be worried about.

"Hey, is Rachel here? I need to talk to her", Ross says while entering the apartment. He looked devastated.

"She's out shopping", Alycia replied. "Why?".

"I told Emily to come and I just need to talk to Rachel about it".

"Wait", Phoebe and the rest of the gang stood up to follow Ross to the living room. "So when Emily's here you're just not gonna see Rachel anymore?".

That was Emily's condition. They could give their relationship another try only if he breaks every conection he's ever had with Rachel. Pretty hard thing to do considering Rachel love with Ross' sister and they're both in the same group of friends.

"I'm focusing on the I get to see my wife again part, okay?".

"So you're not even gonna be in the same room together? I mean, how is that even gonna work?", Monica insisted.

"I have no idea, but I assure you I'll figure it out".

The friends were quiet, until Joey said what pretty much everyone was thinking but didm't want to actually say it. "Doesn't seem like it's going to work".

Ross give him a look, not wanting to say anything else.

"Hi guys", Rachel entered the apartment. "What's going on?".

"We're flipping Monica's matress", Chandler said as an excuse to leave the room so Ross and Rachel could talk alone.

"I say we take it first and then we flip it", Joey continued the lie.

"That's a good idea", Alycia agreed.

"Guys, would you flip mine too?", Rachel asked when the friends were walking inside Monica's bedroom.

"Damn it", they mutter as they go inside the room.

☀️

Since Joey didn't want to be alone all weekend, Alycia agreed to spend more time in his apartment so he wouldn't feel Chandler's absense that much. Even Phoebe and Rachel would sometimes hang out with them in Joey's apartment.