6.11

11; the one with the Valentine's party.

"Oh god", Alycia mutters as they're right outside the big house where her mom lives

"Oh god", Alycia mutters as they're right outside the big house where her mom lives. "Okay, I can do this".

"Why are you so nervous?", Monica asked Alycia, giving her a friendly smile as a way of trying to get her to calm down. "We've seen her a couple of times and she was actually really nice".

The girl turned to look at Chandler with pleading eyes. "You know my mom".

"Yeah, she's a lovely woman", Chandler commented, also trying to make her friend realize this wasn't so bad.

"I don't get why it's such a big deal", Rachel insisted. "I bet your mom is not like the way you describe her".

"Yeah, she's worst!", Alycia replied almost immediately, making all her friends to roll their eyes, thinking she was over reacting.

"Oh, and I'm the drama queen", Chandler snapped back, giving Alycia a look she quickly returned.

"Hey, it's going to be fine", Joey tried this time, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Alycia sighed but found Joey's embrace comforting enough to get all those negative thoughts aside and try to forget how embarrassing her mom was. Perhaps she's not that bad and the friends can actually have a good time today at her party.

She ran the door bell and when the door was opened, her mom let out a gasp in surprise, rushing to hug her daughter. Alycia was surprise by the sudden embrace, but decided to hug her back anyway.

"Oh, it's so nice you're here!", she says in an excited voice, smiling widely at her as she pulled away. "And you brought your friends!". She only had the chance to meet them once but barely got any chance to talk to them. The only two she really got to know are Chandler and Joey, but the others only saw her maybe once or twice. "Chandler!", she exclaimed, hugging him this time. "I haven't seen you in forever! It's so nice you all could made it. Please, make yourselves at home".

"Why she was so scared of her mom?", Phoebe muttered to the group.

"I don't know. She's really nice", Ross commented.

"Oh, Chandler, there's a lot of men here who would totally kill to meet such a funny guy like you", Alycia's mom said as the group was entering the house.

Chandler turned to look at her, faking a smile. "Lovely woman", he repeated to himself, earning an apologetic look from Alycia as the entire group walked inside the house, admiring the surroundings. Her mom lived in a great house. It has decorations for Valentine's Day and actually a lot of people came to her party, something Alycia wasn't expecting. A lot of guests looked like their age, so maybe they're friends of her boyfriend.

"Hi there, daughter!", her mom's boyfriend exclaimed besides her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as Alycia smiled uncomfortably.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?", she asked. "You're three months younger than me".