3.8

8; the one with the fake relationship.

"I did something stupid", Alycia sighed before siping her coffee

"Where have I heard that before?", Rachel mutters sarcastically.

"Just pointing out that I can hear you", Ross said back.

"I know".

"Guys", Monica stopped them. "Al, you were saying?"

Alycia looked at both Rachel and Ross before continuing. "I called my mom yesterday to ask if she was still coming to visit today, but her boyfriend answered. That guy likes to point out how miserable my life is– which is not even fair because he's only two years older than me. I mean, who's he to talk to me about life?", Alycia rolled her eyes. "Anyway, he started saying something about me still being single and so I lied about having a boyfriend just so, you know, he could shut up already".

"Yeah, who's he to talk? He's with a grannie", Phoebe agreed, realizing she called Alycia's mom old shortly after. "But I love Teresa, how is she?"

Alycia shrugged. "Old", she replied. "But anyway, he told my mom and now she wants to meet my unexisting boyfriend".

"Just tell her it's not true", Rachel suggested. "She'll understand".

"Women. So understanding", Ross scoffed.

"Men. So good at sleeping with other women", Rachel snapped back.

"I can see why he's dating someone older", Phoebe said to Alycia. "He won't go through this ", she added while looking at Rachel and Ross.

"I agree with Rachel", Chandler added. "Just tell her".

"That prick she has for a boyfriend would never leave me alone!"

"Hey, I'll be your boyfriend if that's what you want", Joey shrugged.

"What?", Alycia asked, confused.

"Yeah, Joey, what?", Chandler said, alarmed.

"You need a boyfriend, so I'll fake being yours", Joey explained. "I'm an actor, it won't be a problem".

"You'll do that?", she asked. "Thank you so much, Joey!"

Alycia stood up from the couch to hug Joey, realieved to have a fake boyfriend for her mom to meet.

"Explain to me what happened at the coffee shop?", Chandler asked after him and Joey entered their apartment.

Joey sighed. "Would you let it go? It's not that big of a deal".

"But it is!", Chandler freaks out. "Remember that thing we talked about getting over your crush for Alycia? Being her fake boyfriend is definately not in a thing you do!".