6.15

15; the one with Chandler's proposal (part one).

"Hey, are any of you guys free tonight?", Rachel asked, sitting down on a chair next to her six friends

"Hey, are any of you guys free tonight?", Rachel asked, sitting down on a chair next to her six friends. "My boss is hosting this charity event for underprivileged kids and the more people I bring, the better I look!".

"Well, Monica and Chandler can't go. We're going to dinner, remember?", he quickly asked, trying to get her to remember that he's actually proposing tonight.

"What's the big deal?", Monica asked, confused.

"I just hate when Rachel forgets we have plans", he shrugged, pretending to be upset so she wouldn't get suspicious.

"How about you guys?", Rachel asked this time to Phoebe, Joey and Alycia.

"If there's an open bar, I'm in", Phoebe replied simply.

"Yeah, we can go too", Alycia also said, turning to look at Joey as he nodded in agreement.

"Oh, thank you", Rachel smiled at them just by the time Ross was walking inside the coffee house. "Hey Ross, can you come to a charity event tonight?".

"Elizabeth and I have plans", he started in an apologetic tone. "I'm sorry".

"Ah, so you're already doing your part for the kids", Chandler said sarcastically. It wasn't anything new they would make fun of Ross every time he'd mention his girlfriend.

Ross decided to ignore his comment, c
speaking again. "It's one of our last night together before she has to go to camp...to be a counselor!", he snapped quickly before anyone else could make fun about that too.

"Ross, where is this relationship even going?", Monica decided to ask, sounding actually really serious. He turned to look at his sister with a confused look, maybe not expecting to hear that. "I mean, do you really see this is a long-term thing?".

"Yeah, you are 12 years older than her", Phoebe pointed out.

"Wait. Does everyone feel this way?", Ross eventually asked, noticing all his friends nodding. "Whoa, I thought you were only making jokes".

"Well, I used to make jokes about Janice all the time and that doesn't mean I wasn't serious when I said that woman scared me to death", Alycia points out.

"Well, you know what? I don't care what you guys think. There is a chronological age difference but I don't even notice it because she's very mature", Ross replied, looking at each one of them as he speaks. "Besides, I don't care if you think it's not working. I'm the one dating her, not you".

"Yeah, okay. What's with the speech", Phoebe replied. "Thought you said you didn't care".

☀️

"How you think Chandler and Monica are doing?", Alycia asked when they were already sitting at their table.

"Oh, I'm so excited for them!", Rachel exclaimed. "Monica has definitely no idea about it".