Chapter 10

"Why did you storm out of the bar like that?" he asks me, looking directly into my eyes, making me feel like jelly. No—correction, melting jelly, just ready to melt into the ground.

"Well, you were being quite the jerk in there, so why stick around? See, I don't really like people like you, which is why I didn't want to hang around you for too long," I said harshly, my tone firm enough for him to get the hint and leave. Hopefully.

"Listen... I really didn't mean to be rude earlier. And about what I said, about you being short--I'm sorry," the green-eyed god says to me.

He put his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eye, as if he meant every word he just said.

Hmm... that's probably how he gets the girls. Say something sweet, then look them in the eyes and have them dropping like flies all around him. Well, that's not gonna happen with me.

"It's okay, you really don't need to apologise, I'm already over it," I tell him, pushing his hands off my shoulders.

"Then why does it seem like you aren't over it?" he questions me, his eyes calling me in once again. Oh, god, I have to get out of here. Where the hell is Ally?

I walk away from him, not intending to answer that question. I look back and feel relieved when I see he's no longer following me. Good, maybe he gave up. Heh!

As I approach the stairs once again, I see Ally and Lisa coming towards it. Ally looks up and notices me waiting by the stairs.

"Oh hey, I was just just coming up. Is it okay if we drop Lisa off at her home? Her mom keeps calling and I said I would drop her home, so...? Please?" Ally asks me on Lisa's behalf.

"Alright, fine. Let's go before any more weird things happen to me tonight," I say to them. They both look at each other, puzzled.

Long story--I'll explain later.

As I unlock the car to get in, a small piece of paper stuck on my window catches my attention.
What the—Is that a sticky note?
I take down the note and shove it in my shorts pocket, then get in and start up the engine.

Tonight was an eventful night, and I'm finally glad it's over. Even though I didn't make new friends or put myself out there, I managed to get into an argument with a complete stranger. I think that was my favorite part.

Lisa got off few blocks away from our street. It was a good thing I drove her home, her mom was waiting outside for her. She would have got into big trouble if it was some guy who drove her home.

A minute later, I turn onto our street and turn right, heading to our driveway. The lights are off, except for the living room's, so I'm guessing my parents must be there.

Ally and I get out of the car and walk up to the front door. On cue, Mom opens the door and lets us in. She must have heard the car.

Ally rushes upstairs, talking on the phone, and I make my way to the kitchen for a glass of water. Mom follows me into the kitchen.

"Did you have fun tonight, Kaia?" Mom asks with a smile on her face.

"Yes, Mom, it was eventful," I replied, plastering a smile on my face to make it seem real.

"Did Ally behave herself?" Mom asks.

"Yep, she did. She was on her best behavior. No problems at all," I said truthfully.

"Hey, Mom? I'm feeling a little tired, so I'm just gonna head to bed, 'kay?" I say as I give my momma bear a big hug.

"See you in the morning, Kaia bear," she says and kisses me on the forehead.

"Goodnight," I say as I walk out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I head to my room and quickly change out of my clothes and into my pj's. I carefully place them in the laundry basket, taking utmost care—it belonged to Ally, after all.

Just as I was about to hop into bed, I suddenly remembered the piece of paper that was stuck to my car window.

I opened the laundry basket and brought out the denim shorts. I checked all the pockets till I came across the paper. I sat on my bed and read the little piece of paper:

Pretty stranger, you managed to walk away... again. This time, you have to say sorry to me. Here's my cell. I'll be waiting xxx

I turned the paper around and saw that he had really written down his number.

Wait, what?

Oh, gosh, this is all—wait, what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to text him? Will he be waiting like he said?

I lay down in bed and pull out my phone, contemplating on whether I should text him or not.

"Just do it!" someone says, and I almost jump up. I turn to see Ally standing by my door, smiling.

"I know about the guy. Marissa told me about him. If that's his number on that piece of paper, you'd better text him," she says, her arms folded with a serious look in her eyes.

"Kaia, all I can say is... it's just texting, it's not a phone call. And if you don't want to be flirty with him, then be friendly. He totally digs you, anyway," Ally says before leaving me alone again.

I sigh loudly and decide to send a message:

Hey stranger.

And sent!

Almost immediately my message gets delivered. I set my phone down on myside table and try to fall asleep.
Just as I'm drifting off to sleep, I'm suddenly awoken by the beeping of my phone.

He had replied.