Chapter 71

As I stir in my sleep, I faintly hear Ash's deep voice. Sounds like he's talking to someone, well more like having an argument. I open my eyes slowly, blinking a few times trying to focus. He's sitting on the bed, his back facing me. He looked really good from here, I don't feel like getting up or letting him know I'm awake. I just feel like lying here and admiring him. He was perfect, even though he thought little of himself. He's everything to me.

I smile as I think of how we first met, I was hotheaded and he was this arrogant guy at a beach party. Little did I know, he'd become the best part of my life here at WCU.

"I'm not going to do that, no way. Mum was enough and I don't want to put her under that kind of pressure again, okay?" Ash says, running a hand through his dark hair. He sighed loudly as he ended the call, tossing his phone onto the bed. He crouched forward and buried his face in his hands.

I slowly got up and scooted closer to him. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and rested my chin on his shoulder. He smiled and placed a warm kiss on my cheek before looking ahead again, a look of worry etched on his pretty face.

"What's up?" I asked casually, lightly tracing random patterns over this abs.

"It's nothing major, just dad" he replied with a half-smile.

Hm. Seems like he's still keeping things from me. Small or not, I want him to know that he can trust me and open up to me. Oh well, looks like we're going to have to do things my way.

"Fine! If you won't tell me what's the problem then I'm just gonna skip right ahead to the part where I say thanks for the night and leave" I said, attempting to get off the bed.

"No! Don't!" He replied abruptly, yanking my arm and pulling me close to him.

"I'm sorry, I guess I have to get used to telling my girlfriend everything" He said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yes. Now tell me" I said, turning to face him.

He sat there and stared at me, probably thinking of what to say. His hair was ruffled and longer than when I first met him months ago. Hm, funny I hadn't noticed. I wonder if he would get a haircut or just let it grow out.

"My dad wants to meet you" He blurted out nervously, biting his lower lip. I looked at him wide-eyed, not knowing what to say. I cleared my throat several times but nothing came out of my mouth. Wait, why am I so scared of his dad?

"Kaia, say something. You're freaking me out" He said, grabbing me by the arms and slowly shaking me causing me to laugh.

"I'm sorry. Um. ..yeah, I guess.. okay?" I said, unsure myself.

Ash stood up and grabbed his t-shirt, quickly putting it on. I stared at the healed bruises he had on his stomach, it looked nasty. I can't believe him and Axel could fight each other to that extent. It scared me.

"It's okay if you want to say no. I told him it's too fucking soon anyway" He said, clearly upset about something.

I hopped off the bed and stood in front of him, placing both hands on his cheeks. He sighed again then looked into my eyes, he gave me a slight smile. I could tell he was pushing that smile out, inside he was feeling the total opposite.

"I want to meet him. ..I do, but only on one condition" I said happily and watched as his eyes lit up in curiosity.

"What is it? Anything love" He said cheerfully, wrapping his arms around me.