Chapter 75

Saturday, 4pm
"You fell asleep?"

"Yes, I fell asleep Dani. Is it that hard to believe?" I exclaimed, pulling my new outfits out of the closet.

"Just admit y'all were at it for hours. I won't judge" Dani said, chuckling.

"Dani!" I gasped out loud in embarrassment; swatting her arm, earning a fit of giggles from her.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Dani walked over to see who it was while I decided what to wear. Now that I have all three, it's even harder to choose what to wear.

"Hiya Kaia!" Todd squeals, wrapping his arms around me.

"Todd! Finally you're here" I squealed back.

"I know. I've been busy all morning. Samantha and I were helping out at the Country Club and there was just so much to do. I just got back from Eastbrook. I'm exhausted and in need of a night out"

"Then you've entered the right room. All set for tonight?" Dani asked Todd as they walked over to plomp down on her bed.

"Oh, definitely. Just one question though, is it okay if I bring someone along?" He asked, looking between Dani and I.

"Sure!" Dani and I say in unison, looking at each other. I know it's going to be someone he's seeing, even Dani knows it. That's why she's giving me googly eyes. I want to laugh but I conceal it with a cough.

× × × × × ×
Saturday, 7:30pm
We just spent the past hour wrapping up the gifts we bought for Elena. I handed back a hundred dollars each to Dani and Todd, just because Ash ended up buying the jacket that we had put in for.

We could've wrapped up the gifts in 10 minutes but Todd left his back at his place so he had to drive back to get it. Then Dani realised we were out of tape so she sent Todd to get some. It was hilarious watching the last minute panic. Once everything was done we all had a good laugh at ourselves.

Now it was time to get ready. I had a shower before Dani did, just so I could spend a bit of time on my hair and makeup. I'm guessing James would be out tonight with his camera so we all kind of want to look good. As I'm doing my makeup, Dani appears out of the bathroom in her towel.

"Kaia, what are you wearing?" She asks, rummaging through her closet.

"I'm not wearing anything new. I couldn't decide so I'll just go with one of my party dresses" I explained. 

"You want my heels?" Dani asks, dangling them infront of me; knowing damn well I was going to ask.

"Mm hmm" I nodded, grinning at her.

She set them down beside me before disappearing again to go get dressed. Todd stood beside me and was styling his hair, smothering it with hairspray to keep it intact.

"Do you use the whole can or..?" I joked, which made Todd laugh in return and spray my body. I quickly moved away from him, laughing hysterically.

"I'm not done with you, Kaia!" He called out as I went to get dressed.

Saturday, 8:12pm
Finally, we were all set to go. Todd looked amazing as usual in one of his famous printed shirts but this time he switched the khaki pants for plain black jeans. He looks quite good, I must admit. Then there was Dani, the life of the party who always looks stunning each time we go out. Tonight she had on a strapless two piece that clinged to her body. The nude color made it look even more beautiful against her tanned skin tone.