Chapter 53

Kaia's P.O.V:
I stood up and quickly padded over to the bathroom, silently cursing at the amount of drinks I had last night. Once I was done, I walked out of the bathroom area rubbing my eyes. I glanced at the wall clock, it was 9:30am. I yawned and lay back down on the floor, pulling my blanket over me. 

Once Dani and Todd arrived yesterday afternoon, we sat down and discussed what we were going to do for the night. Todd suggested on getting drinks and having a night in but Dani wanted to hit the town. In the end we decided that it would be fair if we spent some time out and then at home. I chose the Sand Bar because I thought they'd both like the scenery. ..and I was right. They loved it. I didn't though, because I was once again reminded of the best thing that happened to me, and also the worst. 

Once our little adventure to Sand Bar was over, we made our way back home where Todd transformed himself into our 'mixologist' for the night and whipped us up some delicious cocktails. Mom was really impressed with the quality of his drinks, they were amazing. 

After mom went to bed at around 11pm, we continued on with our little get-together. By the end of our night we were chugging beer in my backyard. I was so glad they made it over and I'll always be grateful for their love and friendship. 

**

"Wake up! . ..wakey wakey. ..get up!".

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times. Todd was in front of my face, smiling like the weirdo that he is. 

"Oh my gosh, what is it? I'm trying to sleep here" I said sleepily.

"It's after 1pm, Kaia we have to leave for campus" Todd said, pulling on my t-shirt.

I rolled over on my side and thought about what he was saying. Well, tried to. 

"Okay. ..okay, give me ten minutes" I said, before knocking out again.

"Don't make me pull you up and throw you in the shower" Todd threatens me. 

I roll my eyes but he can't tell because my eyes are shut. I'm so bloody lazy right now, the last thing I want to do is get up. 

"That's it!" Todd said. And with one swift motion he carried me up off the floor and was attempting to throw me in the shower. 

"Todd! No! Please! I'm awake!" I yelled out, pleading with him to let me down. 

Todd places me down in front of the shower and shoves my towel in my hand.

"Shower. Now" he said before stepping outside and shutting the door to my bathroom area.

As I'm standing in the shower, I think of the reasons why Todd is pushing for us to leave this instant. Maybe Samantha is waiting for him back there, or maybe he has some school work that he hasn't touched for the past week. I can't guess why. Maybe I'll find out later.

After I showered and got dressed in a simple jeans and a top, I closed up my bag and took it downstairs. Todd and Dani were both seated at the dining table and Ally was serving food. I could hear mom laughing away, maybe Todd was telling her something funny. 

"Hey, come join us" Ally says as she passes me on her way to the kitchen.

"Hey all!" I say as I enter the dining room and take a seat beside Dani".

"Oh, she's alive!" Dani jokes and everyone laughs, including me.

"It's about time" Todd says, looking at his wrist as if he had a watch on.

"Okay, that's enough!" I said, still giggling from the jokes.

I look at the table and clap in excitement as I see meatlovers pizza in front of me.

Todd and Dani were already eating away happily.

I picked up a slice and placed it on my plate. The smell was so good, I closed my eyes and breathed it in. After i finally took a bite, I gasped. It tasted heavenly.

"Oh my gosh, Ally did you make this?" I asked out loud, still in awe with this wonder in my mouth.

"Sure did!" She answered, taking a seat beside Todd.

"It's amazing" Todd says, turning to face her.

"Thank you" she replied humbly.

I can tell she will definitely go far if she keeps this up. Everything she makes tastes delicious. She should seriously pursue a career in cookery. I hope she does. If not, it would be a waste of talent.

After the pizza had disappeared into our stomachs, I had to let mom know that we would be making our way back to school now.

"It's been a pleasure meeting you  Mrs. Collins" Todd said as he gave mom a hug.

She hugged him tightly as if he was her own son.

"Make sure I see you again, young man" Mom says to Todd and he nods in approval.

"You sure will".

I hug Ally and say my goodbyes as Dani also gives mom a hug.

"Take care, brown eyes. See you again" Mom says and Dani smiles a bright smile at her.

"Selfie time!" I shouted as I held my phone up to take a picture.

Everyone looked up and smiled. It was a great picture of us. I guess I'll make copies and give one to Dani and Todd to keep as well.

We left Eastbrook at around 1:45pm and I slept most of the way. Todd kept bugging me to take over driving while he relaxed in the backseat but I refused, drifting back to sleep.

We didn't make any stops along the way because the pizza filled us up. But we did stop for bathroom breaks. Especially me.
Once we were half an hour away from school, Dani hopped to the backseat to talk to me.

"Pretty, we need to talk" Dani said, looking at me with a serious face. She scares me sometimes.

"About?" I say in a low tone. I know exactly what about.

"About Ash. What is your next step?" She asked.

"I don't know Dani. I'm afraid to go there again. Afraid to trust. It's too hard, too complicated. Maybe in the near future but not right now, my heart is still heavy. Between Ash and my dad leaving, my mom's depression and Ally missing school, it's all too much for me".

"I understand perfectly" Dani says, giving me a hug.

"But I will talk to him, I just need to fix my family first. It's the most important thing right now. My love life can wait".

"Okay losers! We're back at WCU. Grab your stuff and get out of my car!" Todd said as he neared our room.

"Shut up!" Dani and I both say in unison.

"Are you gonna at least talk about the comments?" Dani asked me.

"Shut up!" Todd and I both said in unison.

After a second of silence we all burst out laughing.

"I love you guys" I said, hopping out of the car.