Chapter 62

A week ago I didn't give a shit about my dad. In my eyes he was the one who tore our family apart, the one who gave us a bad reputation. I hated him, especially since he disowned me after I didn't want to run around for him anymore. Look at me now, driving as fast as I could back to his mansion, just to relay the information I got out of Yvonne. I still hate him yeah, but only for being wrapped around mum's finger. I still don't know why, and that's the one thing I'm aiming to find out next.

It's 10pm and I'm finally about to reach my destination. Axel, the cunt that he is- is asleep in the backseat. I swear he is the most hopeless big brother in the entire planet. He should win a medal for doing absolutely fucking nothing useful in his entire dull, uneventful life. Dumbass.

As I parked the car in the garage, I got out and slammed the door, startling and waking Axel up. He glared at me furiously before stepping out and heading to the front door.

"Fuck you, brother!" He said, flipping me the middle finger.

I laughed at his seriousness.  What a joke! I fucking loved pissing him off. Skinny fuck.

I marched all the way up to dad in his office. His boys moved aside as I pushed open the door, not even caring to knock. Why should I, anyway? Not like he's doing something useful in there. He's probably just sitting there sulking, thinking of closing down his damn business because of dear old mum.

"Father" I said as I waltzed in and took a seat in front of him.

He spun around in his fancy chair and faced me. He had a glass of scotch in his left hand and a cigar in his right. His face looked tired and stressed. I knew immediately it was from tonight.
He sighed loudly  before he spoke.

"What is it Ashton? I've had enough drama for the night, we'll speak tomorrow" He said firmly, trying to hide what he was feeling right now- which was worry.

"It was Yvonne who gave up your location. She was blackmailed by Alexis. She also didn't know who she was working for this entire time. Did you both keep the whole crew in the dark?" I asked, eager for some answers.

Dad passes his cigar to me while he takes a sip of his drink. I take a drag while waiting for his reply.

"It was best not to tell anyone, at the time we wanted to keep things on the low. Things like that could affect the business, especially if rivals found out. I had to pretend to be in charge. How do you think they'd react if they knew our business was run by a woman? They'd take her out!" Dad spat. He looked mad, but then he took a deep breath and finished his drink.

I wondered how long he would cover up for my mother. It was getting sickening. The amount of shit she was putting him through, even right now- and he still has her back. I can't take it anymore, I need to know why!

Dad stood up to get a refill and I sat there staring blankly straight out the large window behind his chair. The night was beautiful, the stars were out, the wind was cool. I'd give anything to be in bed right now with Kaia wrapped up in my arms. I closed my eyes and pictured her pretty face, her deep dimple on her left cheek. The thought of her made me smile. Especially when I think of our most recent encounter. I chuckled a little thinking back to earlier. She was so determined to prove me wrong.

I opened my eyes once I realised I could also be putting her in danger if this money doesn't get to Mr. Ramirez. Oh fuck! That's the last thing I fucking want! Great, now I've made myself fucking angry at the thought of someone harming Kaia. Until the cash is paid back, I have to keep her close to me. But how will I do that?