Chapter 58

"I'll get it" Dani said, hopping off the bed and making her way to the door.

I sat back down on my bed and logged out of everything before setting my alarm for tomorrow morning.

"Um. ..Kaia, it's for you girl" Dani said awkwardly, heading back to her bed.

I looked at her with confusion before turning to the door. I walked over slowly and peered outside, it was the last person I had expected to see right now.

Ash.

"...Hey" I managed to say, standing there frozen on the spot.

"..Hi" He replied, looking down at the ground.

"Wh--"

"Kaia can w--"

"You go first" I said, after realising I should have just kept quiet and let him speak.

"Alright. Well, can we talk please?" Ash asked in a sincere tone.

I glanced over at Dani for a brief second and she gave me a reassuring nod. Okay, I can do this. I can do this.

"Sure" I said, slipping on my shoes and stepping outside the room. I shut the door and followed him to wherever he was taking me to.

We walked across to the benches and sat down. It was quite chilly tonight, good thing I had a hoodie on or I'd freeze my butt off.

I sat there just awkwardly looking around. Why hasn't he said anything yet? This is too damn awkward. Maybe I should say something?

I cleared my throat in the hopes that he would get the hint and start up a conversation, or whatever he dragged me out here for. After a few seconds he decided to speak.

"I wanted to apologize for Sunday night" He said, staring out into nothing. That was new, he usually looks me in the eye or looks down at the ground.

"I'm sorry too. ..for yelling at you like that. Also for telling Alexis to shut up. It was rude of me" I said, feeling a bit embarrassed about how I acted.

"Yeah, well Alexis doesn't matter. She's just a hookup- a distraction. We're not completely together, just to fill the void at night that's all. After that's done we get back to our daily lives" He explained.

"Oh, a distraction from what exactly?" I asked.

Ash shifted abit in his seat and exhaled loudly.

"You really have no clue, do you?" Ash says with half a smile.

"No clue about what?" I asked, more confused than before.

"You! I need a distraction from you Kaia!" He says, hands flying everywhere.

So this was his way of moving on. Mine was moping around all day and his was hooking up with random girls. Okay.

"Well you sure seem pretty distracted so I'm guessing it's working well" I said smartly.

"You could say that. ..or not. Anyway, I'm just here to seek forgiveness and to ask if we could at least be mates" Ash asked and my heart leaped up and then dropped. ..and broke at the word 'mates'.

I didn't know what to say. I glanced over at him and he was looking at me weirdly, probably waiting for me to say something. I should say something. Yeah!