Chapter 55

Turns out the mousse was heavenly and I'm glad I had it. James continued giving me information about the project. He also said I'd be working with another model, so I was a bit excited about that. At least I won't be alone.

"Ah! Here he is, late as always" James said, gesturing to someone who just walked in.

I looked towards the door and saw who James had invited and who I think was the other model. I was about to laugh but I held it in. Hey, I'm supposed to act professional, right?

"Good evening love. ..and asshole" He greeted us before grabbing a seat from the other table and sitting down. His long hair was damp and he raked his fingers through to style it.

"You could've at least dressed up a bit, mate" James said, taking in Axel's appearance.

"What? Jeans and a t-shirt suddenly isn't cool enough?" Axel questioned.

"It's fine. Forget it, let's talk" James said, growing frustrated with Axel's attitude.

"Alright, what am I supposed to be doing?" Axel asked James. "And can I get a beer or something?".

"You're going to feature with Kaia and no, you can't have a beer" James said, bringing out some papers from his bag.

"Yes, I bloody can!" Axel responded, standing up from his seat and heading to the bar.

I laughed out loud at James who was glaring at Axel as he got up.

"I swear I hate working with him but I'll have to. ..only because of what he looks like. The prick!"

**

After the talk and Axel having a few beers, the place was getting empty as everyone was clearing out. The waitress from earlier had also just knocked off, she glanced in our direction as she left and waved at James who only gave her a nod back.

I looked at my phone and saw the time. It was past 10pm now.

"We better get going, I have classes tomorrow morning" I said to James.

"Oh, of course" He responded, standing up from his seat. Axel also stood up.

"Let's get a cab" He said, walking out of Cardo's.

Axel flagged down a cab and we made our way back to WCU. Axel sat in the front seat while James and I sat at the back.

Once we arrived, the cab driver stopped at the same spot the other cab did earlier tonight. Which meant I had to walk to my room again.

"Let me walk you" Axel said, opening his door to step out.

"Sure" I said, stepping out as well.

"Goodnight Kaia!" James shouts as I walk away.

I wave at him before heading towards the dorms with Axel.

"That dress looks really pretty on you" Axel complimented.

I looked down straight away and felt my cheeks heat up. Why the hell am I blushing?

As we past my old dorm I heard a loud laugh coming from the stairs. Soon after, there was a girl who was running down, a smile played across her face. I immediately recognized her as the waitress from Cardo's.

We kept walking until I heard a familiar voice talking from behind.  I turned around to the staircase and saw an all too familiar face walking down. Once he got to the bottom he put his arm around her and walked to his car. My heart sunk into the ground. This was the last thing I expected. Guess I shouldn't even have expectations at all.

I was suddenly on fire with rage and the next thing I knew, I was walking towards them.

I slammed the door Ash was holding open for her and looked him dead in the eyes. He looked up at me with wide eyes, clearly suprised by me being here. Or maybe suprised I caught him with this. ..sl*t.

"Kaia.. .I--"

"I, what?! I've moved on? Or I'm currently on a date? Which one is it?" I asked furiously.

"Darling, let's just go" Axel said, pulling my arm back.

I pulled away from his grip and focused on Ash again who still had guilt written all over his face.

"No! I'm not going anywhere until he tells me what's going on!" I spat.

"Look, whoever you are, I'm sure you're a nice gir-" Alexis trailed off until I held up my hand in her face.

"I'm not speaking to you. So shut up!" I said, glaring at her. She quickly kept her mouth shut and turned the other way.

"Is she your new girlfriend?" I asked Ashton, my heart beating so fast as I mentioned that word. I swallowed hard as I waited for his reply. It felt like forever before he answered.

"We just hooked up recently, I don't know what she is yet" He said, looking at Alexis.

"We slept together" she blurted out, smirking at me.

"Oh. .." I said, taking a step back. "Looks like you're more than friends then".

"Kaia, no-" Ash said, trying to grab hold of me.

"Just no Ash! I'm not yours anymore!" I said, walking away from him.

"You're with Axel anyway!" Ash yelled out, anger washed over his face.

I turned around slowly and looked at him, I was filled to the brim with anger now.

"I am not with Axel! I never was with Axel! He is my friend and unlike you, he genuinely cares about me" I spat.

"That's what you think Kaia! You don't know him like I do!" Ashton said, pointing a finger at Axel.

"Well I know him well enough!" I yelled, grabbing onto Axel's arm and walking away.

"That's right! Walk away like you always do!" Ashton yelled at me but I didn't turn back. I held onto Axel's arm as hard as I could as the tears streamed down my face. I tried to hold it back so bad but I couldn't.

Once we got to my door I thanked Axel for walking me.

"James must have left by now" I said, feeling slightly upset for holding Axel back from leaving with James.

"It's alright, I'll manage" He said, wrapping me up in a hug.

"I'm so, so sorry, Axel"  I said, crying into his chest. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this".

"It's okay, my brother's an idiot. A big one" Axel said, stroking my hair.

I wiped my eyes and looked up at him, grateful that he was here right now.

"I better get inside" I said, trying to force a smile.

"Yeah, of course" He said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

I said goodbye and walked to my door. I unlocked it and went inside. I looked over at Dani, she was fast asleep. I quickly changed into my pj's and wiped off all my makeup.

I lay down and pulled my blanket over me, thinking about everything that just happened.
I wish things didn't have to end this way. This was the first time I ever yelled at someone that I loved, and I hated myself for doing that. Even though he deserved it.