Chapter 30

Kaia's P.O.V:

Six Weeks Later.

The sound of running water and loud music fills my ears. I turn on my side and put a pillow over my head to block out the noise.
My head feels heavy and I feel a massive headache coming on. Why did I let them convince me to go out? I never learn.

We've been going out every Friday night for the past few weeks. It all seems fun and exciting at first, because it's a new club every week but by the end of the night we're either too drunk to get home or we all just lounge at Todd's place till we're all sobered up.

"Get up blondy!  You promised me you'd run with me this morning!" Dani shouts out over the music.

"Did I make that decision while I was drunk? Because I don't remember" I shout back just as loud.

Dani switches off the music and hops on my bed like the little weird bunny that she is.

"I don't care whether you remember or not. You promised, and you're not gonna break that promise, right?" She says with puppy dog eyes. Her pout is so adorable, if I didn't have a heart I wouldn't be so affected by it.

"Alright, fine! I'm getting up" I said.

"Yesssss!" She squeals loudly, hopping off the bed and reaching under hers to put on her runners.

Sometimes I can't stand Dani's energy and positivity but I guess that's why I like her, she challenges me to do things outside my very small comfort zone. In fact, all my friends challenge me in different ways and we've gotten so close now I'm so happy we have each other.

After I'm done freshening up and changing into some running wear, I hear a loud knock on the door. Only two people knock so loud like that, it's either Todd or Elena.

I open the door to see a very hungover Elena drinking out of her water bottle.

"Good...morning" she said, breathless.

"Morning Lena, what's in the bottle?" I ask curiously.

"Lemon...water" she answered, trying to catch her breath.

"Yayyyyyyyy! You made it!" Dani squeals in excitement.

"Unfortunately" Elena mutters.

"Very funny, now let's go girls! We've got some working out to do" Dani says, clapping her hands.

Why didn't this girl just be a personal trainer or something. Why journalism?

We start off by walking for 5 minutes then we started to jog. I could feel my whole body aching instantly. Wow, I feel like a potato.

"Dani...I think..I'm gonna..slow down.." I said breathlessly as I stopped jogging. I can't believe I let myself get this unfit.

"Alright, we'll continue on and be back here in 10 minutes tops" Dani said before taking off, Elena dragging herself behind.

I can't help but giggle at Elena. She's still half drunk and she's attempting to run with an Olympian. Poor girl!

I spot a bench on the right and head towards it. I sit and stretch my legs out, taking up the whole bench. The sun hits directly on me and I silently curse because I forgot to wear sunscreen. Dammit!

I close my eyes and just try to breath. I take deep, slow breaths trying to calm down. My heart is still beating fast so I continue to breath slow.