Chapter 50

After my shower I took a nap, I expected it to be a power nap but I ended up sleeping till noon. Now I'm awake and just laying in bed. I hoped that what happened with Marissa was just a dream, but I'm awake now and it's still the same. I think I should just let her cool down, maybe I can approach her later on, when she's forgiven me, if ever. 

I sigh loudly as I unplug my phone from its charger. I scroll through social media, nothing interesting. I went onto Dani's page and burst out laughing. There was a pic of her and Todd taken last night at the movies, Todd fell asleep during the movie and Dani shoved popcorn in both his nostrils and took a picture. I left a short comment on her post:

@DaintyDani18 @toddmiller Miss you two clowns xo

Few minutes later there was a like on my comment and a new reply. Someone's as bored as me, I guess.

DaintyDani18: @KaiaCollins you're missin' all the fun boo! But C U soon xxx

As I read Dani's reply I had another notification, someone else had also just replied to my comment. 

toddmiller: @KaiaCollins You Have To Help Me. Dani Is Taking Me To The Gym Every Morning At 6AM! I Just Can't! :'( 

I burst out laughing again at Todd's comment. Looks like Dani was indeed bored and in need of a new thing to do. I feel Todd's pain as I think back to when she made Elena and I go for a run with her when we were both still hungover. Fun times. ..not!

Just as I was about to reply to Todd's comment, he popped up in my message box.

@toddmiller: Are You Free? Can I Call You, It's Urgent!! 

Alright, this guy must really need help with Dani. I wonder why he wants to call me.

@KaiaCollins: im free, yep call me.

**

I went offline and waited for Todd to call me. I sat down on the floor cuddling a fluffy pillow and stared at my phone. Soon as it vibrated and I saw Todd's picture pop up on the screen, I quickly swiped to take the call.

"Hey Todd!" I said cheerfully.

"I've missed you a lot. You need to come back soon! Like really!" Todd said dramatically and I chuckled at his tone of voice, it was laced with desperation. It was hilarious.

"Oh come on, Dani can't be that bad, I live with her" I said, trying to brighten Todd's spirits up.

"No, no. .no, once you disappeared to Eastbrook- she's changed into this monster who won't leave me alone. She's bored and she needs you back. I NEED you back" Todd says, fake crying on the other end of the line. 

"Okay, calm down! You guys are coming on Saturday and we'll all go back together on Sunday. Don't worry, time will fly by and it will soon be the weekend" I said, trying to change his attitude.

"Fine, fine! I'll put up with her till you get back, then I'm going to take a long break from seeing her intimidating face" Todd said and I laughed out loud. He eventually joined in once he noticed he was being too dramatic. 

"Alright, so problem solved?" I asked chirpily.

"Not quite Kaia. There's something else and it begins with an A" Todd said and my face dropped. I instantly knew who he was referring to. Ashton.

"Um. ..what's up with A then? Does it concern me?" I said, my heart racing as I wait for the information. Why am I like this? I want to stay away but I want to know all about him. It's frustrating, I feel like pulling my hair out sometimes.

"Dani ran into him at the Cafe before I arrived to pick her up. She said he was asking her questions about you Kaia. Dani didn't say anything because at the time she didn't know that I dropped you off" Todd said.

"So he was trying to find me?" I asked Todd. Even if he did find me here, my mouth would be sealed shut. I have absolutely nothing to say to that jerk!

"He looks depressed, Kaia. I saw him from the car- he's in bad shape. His brother on the other hand was the total opposite, the guy looks like a vintage model" Todd said and I wanted to laugh out loud but I just covered my mouth to keep from doing so.

"Oh, so Dani met Axel aswell?" I asked curiously.

"Not..exactly, he was leaving when Dani got there, they didn't meet. I saw him though, on my way to the carpark" Todd said.

"Oh..okay. As for Axel? He's the total opposite of a vintage model" I said to Todd, giggling.

"If you say so! But just one thing Kaia, before I go, I won't be suprised if you switch it up and date Ax--"

"Todd!!!! I shrieked. You are something else! Goodbye" I said, still in shock about what Todd had said about Axel.

"Goodbye dear friend" Todd said before hanging up.

I grinned as I put my phone down. This guy was just.. Oh Todd! I'm so glad I have a friend like him.

"Hey, can I come in?".

I turn to see Ally standing by my door.

"Um. ..yeah, sure. You don't have to ask really" I said with a smile.

She came in and sat on the floor beside me, leaning on my bed.

"Sis. What do you think is gonna happen to us?" Ally asked. I could tell something was bothering her, she wasn't her usual quirky self.

Since mom told us about the divorce, both Ally and I didn't take it well. Guess we're still not over the fact that dad just abandoned us. It kind of hurts.

Mom was the first one to be shocked when she opened the envelope and saw the divorce papers. She just stared at them, not saying a word. That was when we all knew that dad's decision to leave was permanent and we just had to deal with it.

Since then mom has tried to put herself together again, bit by bit- everyday. It will be hard for her but I believe she's a very strong,  independent woman- she can make it without him.

"..Kaia??!" Ally exclaimed, flicking a finger in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry. I must have zoned out. Been happening a lot lately. Well, nothings gonna happen to us. We'll get through it. Don't worry" I said, reassuring her.

Ally leans on my arm and sighs loudly.

"What if we get separated? Like, if I have to go live with dad, wherever he is" Ally said in a low voice.

I draped my arm over her, trying to make her feel safe and see that it would never come to that.

"Mom would never let that happen, you know that right?" I tell her.

"I hope not" Ally said, looking down at the carpet.

"Come on! Let's go have dinner, I'm starving" I said cheerfully, pulling Ally up off the carpet.

I wish she wouldn't think so much about it, she has tests coming up and this will distract her, badly. I hope she will be able to pull through when I'm not here. I don't want her to fall down the dark hole I just pulled her out of when I arrived.