Chapter 27: Part Two

I sat there blankly. I didn't move. I could feel something rocking me back and forth. I felt my body jerk forward and back. What was happening?

I snapped out of my trance and looked up to see a very worried Dani staring at me wide-eyed.

"Kaia! What's wrong with you? I was calling you for ages. You didn't seem to hear me, I got afraid so I started to shake you to get you out of your state" she said.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Dani I didn't know you were here. I thought I had fallen asleep. Guess I was just sitting here all along" I said in a low tone.

"Kaia. Whatever you're dealing with, shove it aside. You have every other day to worry about life- today just live it up. Especially tonight girl, own the night. Have fun. Let go" Dani says with a smile.

I guess she was right. I could worry every other day. Today I shouldn't.

"You're right Dani, I'm being silly sitting here moping over my sister not wanting to talk to me" I said, getting up from the floor.

Dani wraps me up in a big hug. She's such a great friend. I'm so grateful for her existence.

We spent some time together just talking about classes and the work load. Later in the afternoon Dani picked out several outfits for tonight's party. She told me to choose the one I liked the best.

"I don't think I qualify for an expert fashionista" I said to Dani.

"Just pick the one that you would wear then" she said, pulling my hand towards her bed where her outfits were now laid out neatly.

There were three really good options laid out. The first was a high waisted black leather skirt paired with a red off the shoulder top. Oh my gosh this looks stunning! Seriously. They would work with nice boots.

Next was a plain black sequined dress with spaghetti straps. It looked like it was mid-thigh. Very pretty. A bit revealing but overall gorgeous.

The final was a two piece in white. I think it would definitely look incredible on Dani. It was off the shoulder with a choker. Wow.

"Dani, these all look incredible. You have great taste. Seriously".
I told her.

"Thank you lovely but I need you to choose one" she replied.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go with the white one. I think it's beyond pretty and you'll really stand out in it. But that's just my opinion, if you wanna go with a different one, you can" I said.

"Hmm.. nope! I'm going with your pick girl! Good choice!" Dani says, placing the other two outfits back in her closet.

"You're gonna look great" I tell her truthfully.

She looked at me and smiled.
"Great enough for Jason to finally see me as more than a friend?".

I didn't know she was into Jason. In that kinda way.

"You like Jason? Why didn't you tell him? I'm sure he might feel the same" I said to her.

"I'll tell him tonight at the party, If everything goes right".

"Good idea! I'll be right there to cheer you on" I said before letting out a laugh.

"You better be there girl! With a guy! And that guy better be lover boy next door!" Dani says, laughing out loud.

***

It was just past 8pm and I got a text from Todd.

Hello hello. Are u ready for tonite?