Chapter 28

I don't dare look back as I run away from this big mess. I run all the way down the street and stop when I reach a bus stop at the main road. The cool air whips past my overheated face. I picked the worst day to wear mascara. Silly me. I sat down and tried to stop crying. I had never been hurt this bad in the past so I didn't know how to switch off this pain I'm feeling right now.

After what felt like forever and I didn't mind, my friends were here. They all got out of Todd's car and came over to me. I tried to hold back the tears as Dani pulls me into a hug. She pats my back and ushers me into the car.  Don't say a word, I just comply.

We all head to Todd's place on my request. I don't feel like going back to my room. I just can't, right now.

I can't believe he didn't even follow me out or speak to me. He didn't run after me. He didn't.
That should say something.
Maybe he doesn't care about me. Maybe he was just stringing me along this entire time while he was still frolicking with Yvonne.

Once we arrived at Todd's place, he led us inside into the living room. I took a seat on the big comfortable couch and Dani sat beside me. I couldn't control my tears anymore, they kept running down my face.

Dani pulled me in to lie on her lap. She played with my hair like she usually does. It was comforting.

"I....trusted..him..Dani" I said, sobbing.

"Shhhh. Don't speak Kaia" Dani said, still playing with my hair.

"I..was.. falling for...him..so hard" I blurted out in between sobs.

"I know lovely, I know. Just don't think about it".

I sat up and looked at Dani in her eyes. I didn't care about my appearance. Nothing bothered me anymore.

"I trusted him Dani. I really did. I was so into him. I thought he would be the one for me too. But I guess I was an idiot. This is all my fault" I said, wiping my tears away.

Elena comes to me and kneels beside the couch, she begins to wipe my tear-stained cheeks with baby wipes. Making sure to remove my ruined mascara.
I was so grateful for my friends. They're always here for me.  And in a very difficult time like this, I'm glad I have them.

Todd enters the living room with lots of snacks and beers. I don't usually drink beer but tonight anything goes. Anything to make me wander off somewhere else other than think of him.

We watched Netflix till about 3am when Elena and Rachel announced they were heading home.

I stood up and walked them to the front door.

"Thank you guys so much. I appreciate you being here" I said to both of them.

Rachel smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"I know we only just met but I like you and I think you deserve more than a cheating scum" Rachel says to me.

"Thank you" I mutter as I turned
to Elena.

"Get some rest, I'll come by tomorrow afternoon once I drop Rachel off at Stafford" Elena says, rubbing my arm gently.

"Alright, see you. Bye Rachel, take care" I said as I waved them off. They got into a yellow cab and I watched as it slowly turned out of the street and disappeared.

Dani and I fell asleep by 3:30. We dozed off on the couch. Todd was asleep in his room.
In the morning I really have to thank Todd for everything. He's being a really good friend.

***
The sunlight rolls into the living room and straight onto my face. Dani stirs in her sleep. She probably can feel the heat too.
I stand up and stretch my body. I check the time on the wall clock, it's 11am already.

I walk to the washroom then freshen myself up. I walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and almost screamed when I saw Todd already up and making breakfast.

"I knew I could smell something delicious, I thought I was imagining it" I said to Todd.

"Good morning, and nope! Not imagining. This is real. I'm making you breakfast. And it's gonna be yum so take a seat at the dining table" Todd says, pushing me out of the kitchen and placing me in the direction of the dining table.

"Oh my goodness do I smell bacon???!!" I heard someone yell out from the living room.

"Yes! Big mouth Dani! We're in the kitchen" Todd shouts back and I can't help but laugh at his choice of words.

Dani walks in sleepily and takes a seat opposite me. Her hair is a big curly mess and she struggles to tie it up into a bun.

"I have the worst headache" she says rubbing her temples.

"Same here. Not sure though whether it's from the drinks or the tears" I replied.

"What about you Todd? You seem normal" Dani asked Todd.

"Well, I already had my hangover mix. My Nan's recipe. I swear by it. It actually works girls. And lucky you, I kept you guys some" Todd says handing us a glass each of this weird green remedy.

"If I die from this, I'm coming for you in your dreams" Dani threatened Todd, before downing the drink.

I pinched my nose shut and drank it down one go. It tasted bad but I'm pretty sure it would have tasted worse if my taste buds were working right.

Dani has a disgusted look on her face.
"Mm..yum, real yum" she says to Todd.

"Stop kidding yourself,  I know it's horrible" Todd replied, laughing his head off.

We had bacon and eggs, French toast and my favorite of all, pancakes with syrup. I ate until I was full up, then headed to the couch to relax. This place is perfect to escape the world. I wonder what Todd's parents do for a living.

Dani calls out to me before entering the living room.

"Kaia! I'm gonna head to our room to get some clothes. You need anything?" She asks me politely.  I love this dweeb.

"Uh, yeah.. clothes and my toiletry bag please" I said with a small smile.

"Alright pretty, coming up!" She said as she walked out of the living room.

Why do those small nicknames remind me of Ash so much? I wish she wouldn't call me 'pretty' or 'lovely', it reminded me of Ash calling me 'love' in his heavenly British accent.

I want to cry but I hold back my tears so hard, I just close my eyes and drift away. I'm soon fast asleep.

*****

A/N:
How was that? And what are your thoughts on Rachel?

Next up is Ash's P.O.V ♡ so that's something to look forward to. xx

Thanks again for reading & voting. Love you guys x also thanks for  the comments :) I love reading them!

*** if you're looking for a new book to read,  you can check out Less than Perfect by DeeXFj. I highly recommend it, it's full of humor and sarcasm. It will make you laugh from the first chapter so show some luv! https://my.w.tt/LhcbgygePL