Chapter 39

Ash's P.O.V:
It's 7pm and I'm already dressed in my usual black jeans, but this time I grab a button down shirt instead of a t-shirt, it feels more appropriate and the last thing I want is mum pointing out my laziness. I take one last look in the mirror, grab my stuff and leave my room.

I take my time down the stairs, lighting a cigarette as I walk. Tonight's gonna be a long night, I need something to calm my nerves.

I lean on my car and look up at the sky. The sun had set ages ago and the sky was now dark blue. I wonder if Kaia is ready, knowing girls they take ages. On that note I slowly walk towards her room.

Just as I'm about to reach, I see Elena. She spots me and walks up to meet me.

"Where you off to player?" Elena says with a chuckle. She had grease on her arms, probably just came back from the garage.

"Nowhere special, just taking Kaia to dinner at my mum's" I said, smirking.

"Oh my fucking gosh! You guys made up?" Elena asked me excitedly.

"Yep. Now we're good. She knows everything that went down" I said happily.

"That's awesome bro!" Elena says, throwing her arms around me. I'm glad she didn't tell Kaia anything, I don't know how she would have reacted, hearing what happened from Elena instead of me.

"Okay that's enough, you'll ruin my shirt" I said straightening up my shirt. Elena playfully punches my arm before walking back to her bike.

"What you doing here anyway? I ask her.

"Um.. I was hoping to see Dani but she's still at the gym. She just texted" Elena said, scanning the place.

"Oh okay, well I'm just gonna pick Kaia up then we're off- by the way Axel is in town, take him out please".

Elena lets out a loud laugh.
"No fucking way bro! Hell no!".

"What? Why not?" I said with a smirk.

"I can stand you but I can't stand him. Him and his insults" Elena says before starting up her bike and taking off.

I chuckled at what she said then headed to Kaia's door. I took a deep breath then knocked twice on her door.
I could hear shuffling from inside the room and also the music had died down. I'm guessing she was still getting ready.

After a few seconds the door flung open and Kaia was standing there, all dressed up.
Her eyes lit up when she saw me.
Meanwhile, I stood there like a frozen duck in winter staring at my beautiful girlfriend. Wow, did I just say that? Girlfriend. Sounds so foreign coming from me.

Kaia looked absolutely stunning in her white lace dress. She shouldn't have dressed up this good, Axel and mum don't deserve her this good. She deserves to go out, so everyone can see how amazing she is and how lucky I am to have her. She looked like an angel. My angel.

"Um hello, Ash!....Ashton! ASHTON!".

I quickly shake my head and snap out of it. Fuck, I must have been staring too hard again. This girl will be the death of me, I swear.

"Yeah, hey love. You look amazing in that dress" I said to her weakly. Can she tell I'm about to pass out? I hope not.

"I'll just be out in a sec, just gotta find my shoes" she says, before disappearing into her room.

I stand outside her door and wait for her to return. I glance at the time on my phone, it reads 7:35pm. I had two missed calls from that prick James but I guess I couldn't hear it.