Chapter 65

Sam left in her flashy car a few minutes ago promising that she would join us for drinks once exams were over. Turns out she's taking the same fashion course as Marissa and boy did she have alot to say about her. Looks like Marissa turned out to be the complete opposite of her old self. Sam said she was constantly missing classes, turning up drunk and hooking up with her teachers for better grades.

I couldn't believe some of the things she was saying, then I recalled the last time I saw her. She wasn't the same person I knew, she wasn't my best friend. I'm glad I got over our fight. I'm actually okay with not being friends with her anymore. I have some pretty great friends here right now.

"We need to take a selfie, it's been ages" Todd said, so I pulled out my phone and held it up to take our picture. Just as I was about to take it, there was an incoming call.

It was Ash.

"Seriously? Now?" Dani said, walking back inside the house. Todd also followed her inside, giving me some privacy.

I swiped to answer and placed the phone to my ear.

"Hey" I said happily, glad to hear from him.

"Kaia. It's Shawn".

"Shawn? I thought this was Ash's number?" I asked, slightly confused as to why I was speaking to him.

"It is. ..but that's not the issue. You have to come down to the club. Now" he said seriously. I immediately had a feeling something bad was up.

"Please text me the address. I'm on my way" I said before hanging up.

I padded inside and explained everything to Todd who hurriedly got his keys. He locked up his house and we quickly got in the car.

"What else did Shawn say?" Dani asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Not much, actually. Just that I had to get to some club, now" I replied, still skeptical.

"Ooh! It's like a scene out of a movie" Todd chipped in.

I read Todd the address Shawn had just sent me and he headed in that direction.

"I know that place. It should be closed today, how is Ash there?" He asked.

"No idea" I replied. And it was true, I was clueless. But I had to show up anyway, for Ash.

Soon we were parked opposite a place called Club Toxic. I got out of the car and quickly made my way to the entrance. Todd and Dani followed behind. The place was deserted, except for a few cars that were parked along the side. I noticed two motorcycles as well. One of them probably belonged to Shawn.

The doors were locked so I had to text Shawn to have it opened from the inside. He texted back telling me to come around the side so I quickly made my way to the side of the club. I walked down the small alley until I saw two iron grills that were open.

I peered inside and saw Shawn making his way towards the door. He unlocked it and ushered me inside. He also waited for Todd and Dani before locking up again.