Chapter 46

Ash's P.O.V:
It's Tuesday. She still hasn't called me back or texted. I'm fucking losing my mind. Axel sits across me, smoking some shit. I take a hit or two, no point trying anything else to keep me calm.

"Don't stress yourself, brother" Axel says. I can't even see his eyes because of his annoying fucking glasses. What a twat.

"Shut up asshole! You're no bloody help" I spat. It's true! He hasn't mentioned a damn thing about Kaia since he got here. I feel like telling him to fuck off.

"She will call you when she's ready. You did put on quite the scene after all" this fucker said.
Why can't I just strangle him with his own hair? Why?

"Okay, can you fuck off now? - I have work to do" I said, gesturing for Axel to get lost.

"I'll call you later" He said, before standing up and leaving.

Axel has been coming to campus to meet me since he found me knocked out in my room last Wednesday. Guess I had too much to drink. Well what the fuck else should I do when she won't talk to me?

I sip my coffee and look around the place, it's so empty since it's break week, majority of people must have left campus. I take a look inside the coffee shop only to find around 5 people sitting inside. As for me, I'm the only one sitting outside. 

Just as I look down to focus on my laptop again, here comes someone who I hoped could answer all my questions.

I waved her over and I was anxiously waiting for her to reach my table.

"Hey Ash, what's up?" Dani said chirpily.

"I was hoping you could tell me" I replied.

Dani stood there awkwardly before I gestured for her to take a seat opposite me.

Her hair was tied back and she looked like she just came out of the gym or something. Where the hell does she get her motivation from? I can't even take a walk without wanting to catch a cab back.

"I know as much as you do, Ash" Dani said.

"And what exactly is that, darling?" I asked.

Dani shifted a bit in her seat before she answered.

"I know Kaia went home. She went early and I don't know why, but I know she's in Eastbrook" Dani says. 

"You wouldn't happen to know how she got there, would you? Seeing that she doesn't have her car with her" I asked, desperate for any information. 

Dani pulled out her phone and scrolled through. Is she looking for something? 

She holds up her phone in front of my face so I could read something. Looks like it's a message from Kaia. 

"This was Wednesday morning, I was already in class so I couldn't come see her. By the time I got back to the room, she had already left" Dani said.

I read the text and sighed as it just said she was going home and she was taking the bus.  Dammit! I thought someone had dropped her off, so I could grab her address and find her. Looks like I'll just have to wait till she gets back. But that's just too fucking long.

"I'm sorry, Ash. ..I really don't know anything else" Dani said, apologetically.

"It's okay, darling. ..This is all my fault anyway" I said, dropping my head.

"What do you mean?" Dani asks, her eyes fixed on mine. She can be very intimidating sometimes. Her gaze scares me a little. Fuck.

"We kind of didn't end dinner on a good note. I have no idea where she slept that nig---"

"Oh my God! Stop!" Dani said loudly, shutting me up.

"What's the matter?" I asked seriously. What the fuck?

"I'll tell you but I don't think you'd like it. Oh, there's Todd - I have to go. Later Ash" Dani said before getting up and heading for Todd's car. 

I stood up and called out to her but she wouldn't look back. She just got into Todd's car and he drove off. 

Oh my fucking god!!! I swear I will go insane soon. 

I pack up my laptop and camera and walked to my room. I should have brought my fucking car, I hate walking now. 

Soon as I got to my room, I dropped my stuff on the couch and crashed on the bed. I pulled out my phone to check if she replied to any of my texts but looks like she-- wait! hold on one sec, she opened one text. I knew she couldn't stay mad at me forever. Yes! This is definitely a good sign. 

I tried to call her again but looks like I'm still blocked. She must have blocked me again after seeing all my missed calls and texts. Fuck, I regret sending over 50 messages to her. She must think I'm psycho. 

Just as I was about to throw my phone away, It started to ring. I looked at the screen, it was James calling. I rolled my eyes before swiping it to answer.

"What?!" I said, clearly not wanting to start a conversation with anyone today.

"Don't have to be so rude, Ashton!" James said, mocking my mum's tone and accent.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked.

"Just calling to ask if Kaia mentioned anything to you about me? Is she back yet? She said she would text me on Saturday but it's Tuesday and she hasn't reached out" James said.

What the hell is he talking about? Why would Kaia be in contact with this scumbag? 

"I'm fucking lost mate, what are you talking about?! I snapped.

"So you haven't heard from her?" James asks idiotically.

"I fucking haven't! Now tell me why she would be in contact with you!" I spat. This fuck was clearly getting on my last nerve.

"Oops. Nevermind mate, I'll call Axel" James said before hanging up on me. 

Why the fuck would he call Axel? Why is he asking about Kaia? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! I'm wrecking my brain trying to find what's going on with this two fucks and my girl. 

Oh well, James wants to speak in fucking riddles, I'll give him something fun to talk about.

I stood up and grabbed my car keys. Time to pay James a visit.