Chapter 34

I'm as light as a feather. Laying on a cloud with not a care in the world. The cloud is soft, weightless. I close my eyes and just breathe. No stress, no worries, just pure happiness.

I can hear 'Fix You' playing in the distance as I try to wake from my sleep.

I hear someone humming along to the song, such a pleasant voice.

I open my eyes and blink a few times. Where did the cloud go?
I'm in my bed, still in last night's outfit and just like every weekend, I've got a headache.

"Good afternoon, sleepy head" Dani calls out from her study table. She had music on and was working on a paper.

"Hey" I managed to say. My mouth was dry and I was dying for water. I slowly step out of bed and walk to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. I chug it down with two pain relievers.

"I feel like crap" I say, walking back to my bed.

"You should. You had quite a night last night. Very eventful" Dani said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I ask Dani.

Dani takes off her reading glasses and turns to face me.

"Your little photoshoot, it's already up on the net, and damn gurl it's fire" Dani said excitedly.

"Oh my God,  what?!" I said, jumping out of bed and heading for the laptop.

"Show me!" I said to Dani, anxious to see my fails.

Dani quickly logs in and pulls up Marissa's page.
She clicks on my photo and turns the laptop to face me.

"Is that me?" I asked in awe.
That can't be me. That girl looks gorgeous and fearless. I, on the other hand am a total awkward mess.

"Mm hmm, that's you gurl and you're killing it. Get drunk and take more pictures often, you've got more than 7k likes".

"Wow, this is unbelievable".

"Yeah, it is and the best part is that the photographer asked Marissa if he could put the images on his website and social media. I'm guessing she agreed because the J.C Photography page is blowing up right now" Dani said, going through his page.

Oh no, Marissa didn't even ask if I wanted my pictures put up, I thought this was only for her page? If I knew he was going to put it up on his site and social media, I wouldn't have agreed. Dammit!

"They didn't even ask me if it was alright to use my face on his site. Marissa should have at least contacted me about it" I said to Dani. I can't believe this.

"Yeah, I guess she should have" Dani said, closing the browser window.

"I'll call her right now" I said, before standing up and grabbing my phone.

I dial her number from memory and wait for her to answer. It rings more than 7 times before going to voice-mail.  Great! She's not answering.

I decided to call James and ask why he didn't ask for my permission first.

I fetched his card from my bedside table and dialled the number.

Straight to voice-mail. Wow, that's great J.C Photography, you sure know how to handle your customers.

I sigh loudly after failing to contact them both. I pick up his card again and look at the address. It's only 5 minutes from here. I'll walk. I need the air.