Chapter 36

We lay there silently, neither of us wanting to speak. Everything was perfect. This moment was perfect. I lay satisfied on Ash's chest, watching the rain fall outside. I was wrapped up in his white cotton sheets which were soft to the touch.

I close my eyes and drift off, taking in his scent and loving the way his finger gently draws random patterns on my back. In this moment I didn't want to think about everything else. Nothing else mattered right now.

"I'm sorry I took so long to get to you" Ash said softly.

"It's alright, let's just focus on the present" I smiled contently.

"I promise I'll tell you everything from now on" He said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"You better" I said, giving him a playful smack across his face.

I glanced over at his wall clock and realised it was already past 6:30pm.

"I better get going".

"Nonsense. Stay the night" Ash says, sitting up.

His body looks incredible with just a thin sheet wrapped around it. I can't believe I just did 'it' with this gorgeous human.

"I can't, Dani must be wondering where I've run off to, and I've got work to finish before I visit home this coming Friday" I explained.

"Oh, you're going home?" Ash asks in suprise.

"Yeah. I'll have to deal with my mother sooner or later and plus my car got taken away so I need to get to the bottom of that too" I said.

"Try calling your dad....about the car" Ash suggests.

I stand up from the bed, still wrapped in his sheet.

"His phone's switched off. Turn around" I said.

"What?" Ash says with a laugh.

I sigh and ask him again.

"You heard me! Turn around, I'm not kiddding" I said to him.

"Kaia Collins! You let me insi--"

"Okay, okay! Stop!" I said, laughing hysterically as I cut him off.

I get dressed quickly and tie my hair back up.

Ash stands up from his spot on the bed and moves over to me. He towers over me from behind and places a small, light kiss on my back.

"You're so beautiful, Kaia" He whispers in my ear and I get goosebumps immediately.

"Stop doing that, Ash! It's not gonna make me stay" I said in a serious tone.

"Then what will make you stay, love? You name it- I'll do it to you".

My eyes went wide in suprise. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Ash, you..don't have..to do anything..to me" I said in between laughs. This guy was desperate right now.

"Fine. I'll let you go but promise you'll let me come with you to visit home. I'll stay somewhere else, but I'll be close by if you need me" Ash says, cupping my face and looking into my eyes.
This guy was incredible and so freaking hot. The complete opposite of that guy I met at the beach party.

"I promise" I said with a smile.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Ash and I looked at each other wondering who it could be.

Ash walks over to the door while I slip on my converse. He opens the door and sighs loudly before letting someone in.

James walks in with an apologetic look on his face.

"Make it quick you bastard" Ash spat.

James took a seat on the couch and turned to face me.

"I went by your room and you weren't there so I figured you'd be here" He said.

"Yeah I'm here, so what do you want?" I said, crossing my arms.

"I wanted to apologize to you, and to let you know that I've taken down your pictures. It was a dick move and I'm sorry" James says, bowing his head.

I walk over to him and sit on the edge of the bed.

"I knew you were a good person. I forgive you" I said with a smile.

"Really? You do?" James says, his blue eyes lighting up.

"Yeah, really" I said, standing up from the bed. James also stands up and smiles at me.

"Can I give you a hug?" He asks nervously.

"Um. Okay" I said, reaching out to him.

He puts his arms around me hugs me tight.

"You're such a good soul, Kaia" James says as he releases me from his hug.

"Andddddd I'm pretty sure something dirty just went down on that bed" James said, giving a disgusted face.

"Okay mate, you can leave now!" Ash says, hooking James out of his room.

I stand there laughing at them, they look like kids fighting for attention.

Just as James was about to take off, there was another voice from the hallway. A woman's voice.

"James darling! It's so nice to see you again, it's been years- look how much you've grown. What happened to your face?" the woman says.

James looks embarrassed as she hugs him and kisses his cheeks several times.

The woman then approaches Ash with a bright smile on her face which soon turned to tears as she looked at him up and down.

She reached out and hugged him tightly, she wrapped her arms around him and started to cry.

"It's been so long, my boy.. so, so long" she cried into his chest.

Ash pats her back slowly and looks at me, a surprised look on his face.

I smile at him and he gives half a smile back. James gives me a wave from outside the door before leaving.

I wondered who this woman was. Ash was telling her to stop crying in the softest voice.
He sounded so sure and soothing, he could make a baby stop crying. Whoever she was, Ash must mean the world to her. I could clearly see it on her face as she looked up at him.