Chapter 76

"Is everything alright?" Ash asks as he scans my face. I need to learn how to hide my feelings more. I'm like an open book.

"Yep. Just perfect" I replied, leaning down to kiss his perfect lips.

"Ay! That's enough!" A voice boomed through the door. Everyone looked to the door and saw that it was the main girl of the moment, Elena.

"Hey everyone! Thanks for being here tonight. I appreciate it, man. Y'all are such good friends! I love y'all" she called out, raising a glass.

Everyone cheered and raised their glasses in return. Elena immediately spotted us and came over, a gigantic smile across her beautiful face. She had on a tight-fitting red dress and slung her jacket over her shoulder. She looked beautiful and it reminded me so much of the first time I saw her at the beach. She was just stunning.

"I'm so glad you all could make it" she exclaimed, walking over to sit on my lap.

"Jeez, ladies! You're fucking squashing my man bits, Elena for fucks sake, get off!" Ash yelled, swatting Elena's arm off my waist.

Elena laughed out loud at Ash but she politely stood up, then went to sit on Todd who froze when she did. I tried not to laugh but the look on Todd's face was just so funny. He looked like he was going to push her away any second now. 

"You girls look gorgeous tonight" Elena squealed, looking between Dani and I.

"Thanks babe" Dani replied, downing another drink.

I picked up a drink from the table and took a sip. Ooh, this smells like poison. Definitely not my type.

"You okay?" Ash asks, trying not to laugh, but I know he wants to laugh at my face right now. I would too.

"Just..f-fine" I responded, gulping down the last of my drink. Looks like I'm not gonna have another one of those. I wonder what was in it, anyway.

Just as everything was going smoothly and everyone was enjoying themselves, Dani gave my foot a small kick and focused her eyes on the door. I glanced that way and saw Yvonne walking toward us with a small smile on her face.

I immediately looked down, unsure how to react to her being here. I really thought she wasn't going to come, but then I remembered she's also a friend of Elena's, I think.

Ash sighed loudly and drank the remainder of his drink before placing the glass on the table. By his actions I was sure he also didn't know she would be here. Just wait till he sees Alexis, he'll surely have a fit then.

"Hey guys!" Yvonne said, giving us an awkward wave. I looked up and gave her a small smile and so did everyone else.

"Girl, thanks for coming!" Elena exclaimed, standing up to give her a hug. I didn't know they were that close.

Yvonne hugged Elena but her piercing eyes were fixed on me. I swallowed hard, not sure why she was looking at me. I turned to Ash with a confused look but he only shrugged, clearly not wanting to have anything to do with her.

As Elena released Yvonne from her tight hug, she came to stand in front of Ash and I. I kept my gaze low, not wanting to start any drama.

"Ash" she said lowly, standing awkwardly infront of us. "Can I borrow your girl for a sec?"

Ash scowled at her. His fists were balled as he kept a tight grip on my waist.

"What is it now? Why can't you just leave Kaia alone?" He spat furiously, narrowing his eyes at her.