Chapter 64

"..Kaia! ....girl, wake up! Yo!"

"Kaia!!"

I rolled over sleepily and saw Dani, messy hair and everything standing over my bed still in her pj's. I blinked a few times, thinking it was a dream but nope, this weirdo was really standing there.

"What's wrong, Dani?" I mumbled, falling asleep again.

"It's Todd! He's calling your phone, pick it up!" Dani said as fast as she could before shoving the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Todd?" I said, sleepily.

"Kaia, good morning! Are you still in bed?" He asked cheerfully. Someone was in a good mood.

"Yeah. ..I am, Um. ..why?" I asked curiously, looking at Dani who was dying to know why he was calling. She was practically kneeling beside my bed.

"Well, I was hoping maybe we could do breakfast? I'll pick you two up" Todd asked.

"Oh! Okay, we'd love to" I said chirpily.

"Really? Aw great. I'll be by soon" Todd said, excitedly.

"Hey Todd? Any particular reason for breakfast?" I asked, trying to figure out if he was going to tell us this morning.

"Not really. Just a little get-together before exams tomorrow"

"Oh. Okay, well we're getting out of bed now. See ya" I said cheerfully before ending the call.

I dropped my phone on the bed and sat up. Dani was still in front of me waiting for information. She was eyeing me like a hawk, waiting for me to speak. She was born to be a journalist, like for real.

"Well?" She said anxiously, waiting for any information.

"He wants to have breakfast. The three of us" I said, raking my fingers through my messy hair.

"That's it? Didn't he say something along the lines of 'oh hey I'm ready to tell you the biggest thing ever'?" Dani said, throwing her hands everywhere.

"Relax, Dani! Let's just continue being our normal selves around him. He'll tell us, trust me" I said, patting her on the back before heading to the shower.

I can understand why Dani feels the way she does. She listens to problems and gives advice, she's genuinely interested in our lives and plus, she's also become very close to Todd even though he says she's annoying at times. She loves Todd and being his friend. No wonder she feels hurt that he didn't tell us.

After my shower I slip into sweatpants, a tank top and one of Dani's many hoodies. We're having breakfast at Todd's place so this should do. While Dani's in the shower, I knock annoyingly on the door just to annoy her and to hurry her up.

"Stop it, Kaia!!!!" She shouted from inside the bathroom which made me laugh hysterically.

Once she was dressed we waited outside for Todd to pick us up.

"Did you brush your hair?" She asked, looking at me funny.

"Did you?" I responded, giggling at her big, curly hair which she struggled to tie up.