Chapter 70

During dinner we talked about dad and how he's now living with Taylor who is a businesswoman, according to Kate.

I told her about mom and how she's doing well now. Kate was happy that mom was able to get back to her usual self, she also encouraged me to spend more quality time with her during my semester break which I plan to do.

She asked me if I had any contact with dad whatsoever since he moved out and I replied with a big fat no. I told her that he didn't bother to call me and at least explain for his behavior because this was such a shock. I always knew dad was a family man...little did I know he was in cahoots with another woman all those times he claimed he was 'working late'.

Kate suggested that it would be wise to start looking at some houses on the market since dad stopped paying for the house. We would have to move into a smaller place. Now we're onto dessert and I'm on my fourth glass of wine, maybe fifth. I have no idea.

"This cake is delicious" I said as I forked some more into my mouth.

"I could have this everyday for the rest of my life and never complain" Kate added.

"Yes!" I said in agreement as I sipped my wine.

I looked out to the waterfront and saw that it was now dark. The sun had set awhile back. Now the sea looked dark and the tide was beginning to come in.

"We better get going, girly. Remember I have to drive all the way back to Eastbrook" Kate said, looking at her wrist watch. It was now 7pm.

"Will you be okay? You had wine" I said, concerned about her driving home.

"I'll be fine, just have to get a bottle of water on our way out" she said, standing up from her seat.

I cleared my plate, not leaving a single piece then stood up and pushed my chair in. I really enjoyed this and getting to know Kate abit more. I feel like an idiot for hesitating to meet up with her.

After Kate bought her bottle of water, we walked out the front and straight to her car. I stayed quiet most of the way, just full from everything I had. .including the wine. Kate was drinking as much water as she could and she was sobering up pretty fast.

By 7:30pm we were entering campus and Kate parked just opposite the dorms.

"Thanks so much Kate. I needed a good time, school's been rough" I said as I unbuckled my seat belt.

"I know. My job's horrible too, that's why it's always good to treat yourself to some place nice. Take care Kaia and call me any time you want" she said, giving me a hug.

"I will" I said cheerfully as I opened the door to step out.

Kate drove back out the same direction we came in and I slowly walked across to my room. My head was starting to spin from the amount of wine I had.
I giggled to myself as I walked across the parking lot, telling myself I deserved a few drinks because exams was a total pain in the butt. I opened my bag to fetch my key and I accidently dropped it on the walkway.

"Crap!" I groaned out loud as my bunch of keys hit the ground. I sighed loudly before I bent over to pick them up.

When I reached down to pick them, I saw a pair of black vans a few inches away from my keys. I got up slowly, my eyes trailing up the figure that stood in front of me. Once I reached his face, the biggest, brightest smile fell apon mine. Finally, what I had been wishing for all day had come true!

"Ash!" I exclaimed, diving into his arms. He opened them just in time for me to crash into him.

"I missed you so much" I mumbled into his chest as he gently stroked my hair. I missed this so much, him holding me in a way that makes me forget about the world. I need him if I'm going to make it here, everything's just so stressful.

"I missed you too, angel. I'm sorry I haven't been in contact, I've been at my dad's and I wanted you to focus on your exams" He said, planting a light kiss on my forehead.

"I'm so glad you're here. I'm so happy right now, so so happy" I said, looking up at him. I wrapped my arms around him, holding him close. He smelt like his usual cologne, I closed my eyes as I breathed it in, it helped calm my nerves just like a drug. Wow, I sound so corny.

"Are you drunk?" Ash chuckled, placing both hands on my shoulders and looking at me in amusement.

"What. .me? No!" I replied, standing up straight and looking at him, grinning like an idiot.

"You so are! Quit lying to me love, you're bad at it" He said, scooping me up in his arms.

With one swift motion I was in his arms like a little baby. He held me close to his chest as he carried me to my room, I could feel his muscles flex with every step that he took. I wish I had less wine, as great as this feels, I really want to stay with him longer. I know he'll say we can talk tomorrow and I don't want that right now!

"No!" I shouted, shaking my head.

"Jeez, what's wrong?" Ash said, putting me down almost immediately.

"I. ..I.." I tried to think of what exactly it is that I wanted. I didn't want him to leave me.

"You what, Kaia? Come on love spit it out, will ya?" Ash said, tracing over my dimple with his thumb. His smile looked so good under this lighting. He looked really good.

"I don't. ..want you to leave me. Not right. .now" I said, looking nervously down at my feet. I can't believe I just said that out loud. I would never say something like that if I was sober. I sound so needy.

"Wow! This is new. I like it" He said, pulling me up against him. I gasped as he wrapped me up tightly in his arms, but I didn't complain just because I was too drunk to and this is what I craved for the past few days.
He placed a hand on my cheek and I instantly leaned in, feeling the warmth of his hand.

I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm lost in his eyes and it's the greatest feeling.

"Kiss me, angel" He said, licking his lips.

Is this really happening? I must be dreaming. This can't be true!

I closed my eyes and leaned in, not sure if this was reality or a dream. I confirmed it was real when I felt his lips crash against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened our kiss, not opening my eyes for a second.

This moment was perfect, it was real. Here I was after a long day, currently drunk and finally, finally getting to kiss my boyfriend. I didn't want this night to end.

Ash broke away from the most passionate kiss I could ever produce and grabbed a hold of my hand, pulling me down the walkway.

"Where are we going?"I asked curiously, almost stumbling trying to keep up with his fast pace.

Ash chuckled at my question and shook his head in amusement.

"Sometimes you amuse me, Kaia Collins. You're so innocent, even when you're wasted".

"That's not the answer, Ash Parker!" I answered back, grinning like mad. What is wrong with me? This is a whole 'nother level of weird.

"Is that a hint of sass I hear in your tone?" He said in between laughs, leading me to the stairs.

"But if you must know, we're headed to my room".

"But--"

"No but's! You don't have a choice. I'm here, you're here. You don't want me to leave and I bloody well don't want to fucking sleep alone! Now get your butt up those stairs".

A/N:

I swear 'My My My' is my new fave song. And the music vid is just 😌 Troye Sivan has moves🔥 and it's Fire🔥

xx